I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Loomis Blanks
Posted by: Eddie Hinote (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 02, 2002 12:09PM

Where can I buy Loomis Flyrod blanks? No blems. I know that this is probably the hundredth time this has been asked but I couldn't find out with "search". E..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Loomis Blanks
Posted by: Larry Michnevich (---.bozeman.mcn.net)
Date: February 02, 2002 12:35PM

Look to the left of this message. You will see a list of sponsors.One of them is G. Loomis, Inc. Cick on it.
When the page comes up, click on retailers and voila, click your state and read on.
You may want to phone Loomis for their new blank catalog which will list the various models of the IMX and GL3 blanks available now.
Have fun !
Dogman (Larry Michnevich)

Posted by: Eddie Hinote (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 02, 2002 12:49PM

Thanks, I looked at their site but didn't see the blanks. I'll give them a call. E..

Posted by: Lee Muschler (---.217.206.125.charter-stl.com)
Date: February 02, 2002 03:14PM

Jans Netcraft sells them too and they are a sponsor

Posted by: jeff nail (---.unitelc.com)
Date: February 02, 2002 06:25PM

only if you are trying to compete with walmart prices! If your work is good, people will pay for it and people already know loomis, so that will only help justify the cost. If you ever looked at factory loomis rods, While they are using good blanks, in my opinion, they use some real crap for the rest of the components.

Posted by: William Colby (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 02, 2002 07:50PM

Bingham Enterprises, Cabelas and AER Sports all have the new Loomis blanks. Merrick used to but I don't believe they carry them any longer.

Posted by: Justin Nighan (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 03, 2002 04:43PM

Is it true that Loomis was bought out by shimano? and that their blanks are now made in the shimano plant??
Not trying to start anything, just something a reputable source told me...has anyone heard something similar to this?
Thanks
Justin

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 03, 2002 05:24PM

Shimano bought Loomis some years back. The blanks labeled as G.Loomis blanks are still made in the U.S. in Woodland, WA in the Loomis plant. Many of the original G.Loomis employees are still on board, including Gary Loomis. For the time being, you could almost refer to Loomis as being a subsidiary of Shimano, rather than a product produced directly by Shimano.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster