I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Software/windows ??
Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.penn.com)
Date: January 14, 2002 01:09PM

I'll guess from reading the thread below on the software that it is compatible with windows 95/98,as they said they used an Alps printer.

Is the program compatible with Windows XP?

I know the Alps printer is NOT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Software/windows ??
Posted by: Tom McNamara (67.8.3.---)
Date: January 14, 2002 01:20PM

Hey Harv, missed you at the Conclave.

Most likely it will run on XP, but no one has tried it yet. It has run on machines running with Windows 95/98, NT, ME and 2000 so I don't see why it would not work on an XP. Systems with very low resources like a Pentium 100Mhz, 32MB ram, Win 95 have operated it.

The Apls and the XP is a driver problem. The Visualwrap program is software not hardware, and would not be subject to the driver compatibility problems hardware has.

But we will not know until someone ties it on an XP system.

Hope to see you soon,
Tom McNamara
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
[www.mudhole.com]
Phone: 407-447-RODS

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2002 01:58PM

Harv I don't know when and if Alps will have a new driver for XP but with the newer computers and larger hard drives the easy thing to do is partion the hard drive set up part with win 98 or ME installed and use that section for the alps printer will also save some agravtion with older software programs. The visual wrap program seems very good only started playing with it this afternoon and shouldn't be as difficult to use as the original wrap program from years ago.
John

Posted by: David Henney (---.dsl.wchtks.swbell.net)
Date: January 14, 2002 02:04PM

It took me 2 days to get the Alps printer to work for me.. I am useing ME.. I sent the printer to another guys house useing 98 and it worked perfect for him.. So I brought it back home and called Alps again and finally got it to work, but it was a big headache.. If somebody has a MD1000 ownersmanual could you copy it for me .. I talked to Alps and they are out of ownersmanuals so I need an owners manual.. Thanks Daves Rods

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.penn.com)
Date: January 14, 2002 02:05PM

Good idea John, I have lotsa room now (80gig).

Posted by: Ralph O'Quinn (---.pstbbs.com)
Date: January 14, 2002 04:45PM

Dave
I second the motion. I am desperately in need of an owners manual for the Alps MD1000, and have ran out of sources of enquiry. If anyone can get one for Dave, I would sure appreciate it if you could get two of them and send one to me. I'm willing to pay whatever its worth.
Thanks
Ralph O'Quinn

Posted by: Hugh Miller (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 15, 2002 01:04AM

I have the "User's Guide" for the ALPS MD-1000. I will be happy to make copies for Dave and Ralph and maybe a few others for the cost of the copying and postage. The book is 160 pages long including the color guide appendix so the copying charge would probably be $16.00 or so and the postage a couple of dollars.

Please let me know.

Hugh Miller

Posted by: michael lehr (---.sssnet.com)
Date: July 17, 2005 09:11PM

I have an alps md1000 printer and windows XP pro. I can't get it to print white or set it up to print any thing else but it's primary colors. Also I need a operating manual for it. Can anyone out there help with another program I can run to print single colors. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: michael lehr (---.sssnet.com)
Date: July 17, 2005 09:11PM

I have an alps md1000 printer and windows XP pro. I can't get it to print white or set it up to print any thing else but it's primary colors. Also I need a operating manual for it. Can anyone out there help with another program I can run to print single colors. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster