I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod building classes
Posted by: Justin Nighan (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 11, 2002 08:35PM

I am attending school in Miami, Fl and would like to know if anyone knows of a rod building class in my area? I am a pretty hardcore fisherman and think that rod building could probably be the best thing for me to learn how to do in the off season.
Thanks
Justin
Sunny Skies

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod building classes
Posted by: Adam (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 11, 2002 11:30PM

You could probably sign up for a rod building class at the Bass Pro Shops in Ft. Lauderdale. Dont know much because I dont live down there, but I have visited. Hope that helps.

Adam

Posted by: Robert Balcombe (REELMAN) (---.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: January 12, 2002 01:51AM

I am not sure eather because I live in Washington State. But I understand Doc Ski lives in Florida. Doc Ski specializes in custom rod thread art. Here is phone number 805-486-2754.
Good luck Bob

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: January 12, 2002 07:19AM

I believe Doc Ski lives in California. I suppose it is possible that he has moved.

What you may wish to do is hook up with the crowd from the Central Florida RodCrafters. I believe they teach a rod building class and I am fairly certain that their longtime supporters Kel and Teri Cheatham do as well. Hopefully somebody here on this board might have some contact info for them which they could pass along.

Posted by: Tom Smith (---.ne.mediaone.net)
Date: January 13, 2002 09:47PM

I'm still stuck on "off season"

Posted by: Justin Nighan (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 13, 2002 10:25PM

Sorry to confuse. I am from Jersey and for me it is the off season. I am a hardcore offshore fisherman with tuna fever, and tuna fever is hard to satisfy in Miami, especially without a boat (which happens to be on dry dock in Cape May, NJ.
Justin
Sunny Skies

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster