I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

conclave
Posted by: jim reed (---.woh.rr.com)
Date: January 11, 2002 07:57PM

Wish I was there!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: conclave
Posted by: Bill Tune (67.162.0.---)
Date: January 11, 2002 08:12PM

It has been very interesting so far. While I am no expert I have learned much and have several new ideas. Some of the work is simply striking to see!

Date: January 11, 2002 10:32PM

I'll have to work some overtime to get there next year, or sell a few more poles.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: January 11, 2002 11:03PM

One of the nicest things about this year's conclave are the large number of rods here. Pat Vinzant and Bill Whitson both brought a nice assortment and they are beautiful rods. High Miller has a rod here I thought was particularly nice. I better stop though, as I will leave out so many others and I don't want to slight anyone.

The thought occurs to me that once you reach a certain level it is no longer a matter of one builder being better than another - it is a matter of each builder having a particular style. You see the different ways the rods are assembled, the colors chosen, the shape of the grips, the guide spacing and sizing, etc., etc., and your own ideas begin to branch out into new areas.

I am also firmly convinced, that if many of you could truly comprehend just what an outstanding show this is, you would have been here. So many first timers have been heard to remard that in their wildest dreams they never expected the show to be anything like this. They said they expected it to be good, but that their expectations have been grandly exceded.

Date: January 12, 2002 12:08AM

Like I said I wish I was There, I'll be there next year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster