I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Parigee Blanks
Posted by: Brad Tharp (---.kscable.com)
Date: July 12, 2001 07:51AM

Anyone know if we will see 7'6" and 8' length bass casting Parigee blanks coming soon? I would like to see them in these lengths both 1 piece and tele. with a 4 and 6 power.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parigee Blanks
Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.infoave.net)
Date: July 12, 2001 09:02AM

Todd Vivian would be the man to answer that question, but he is away from his normal business day at Lamiglas. The once a year trade show for the fishing tackle world is taking place in Las Vegas this week and he is at that show. I do know that their are new models in the works, but am not sure about the ones you have mentioned. We need to try and remember to address this question to Todd, when he returns.
Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Date: July 12, 2001 04:10PM

Thanks Bob, I will remember to ask him.

Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: July 12, 2001 07:55PM

Brad, I know this is nothing to do with your question about Perigee, but St. Croix has announced a 7'6" version in the SCV series. It should turn out to be a dynamite bass blank. I think first plans are for a med. heavy, but also you might consider another blank in the in-shore series we have sold in our store for bass anglers in 7'6" versions. Another great blank for rodbuilding.

As for perigee, it would be a great idea to have such length available for the 'niche'. Wonder how the action would be, though. In SCV the action is impeccable and the light weight a dream. You forget the actual strength in the butt because it is so light weight.

Good Rodbuilding!

Rich
www.rodreel.com

Richard, As you know......
Date: July 13, 2001 07:58AM

I love the SCV blanks as much as anyone. I have talked to St. Croix about these new lenghts and like you I wait patiently. My only fear is the extension handle will add to much weight. I like the one piece 7'6" and 8' blanks. With more bass anglers running 19'-22' rigs the one piece rods fit into the rod lockers just fine.

Re: Richard, As you know......
Posted by: Todd (---.vanc6.pacifier.com)
Date: July 14, 2001 12:00AM

Brad, while we aren't currently offering these models in our Perigee series, we do offer them in our Certified Pro series. Take a look at these blanks, there is no doubt they would fill your needs.

Todd

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster