I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
donot buy from mudhole tackle hreres why:
Posted by: mike r (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 02:45PM

i ordered a blank from mudhole tackle a seeker sbt 30 they sent me a sbt 50 then i ordered a sbt 20 they sent me a bt20 i order dark blue eva grips they sent me sky blue you all you rod ruilders please do not support there buisness by buying there components plus they over charge on the shipping and handling so put your money in another rod building shop mike r

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: donot buy from mudhole tackle hreres why:
Posted by: Ron Beagles (---.houston.rr.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 02:54PM

I have had two orders filled just right. I returned some material I did not need, I got credit, I ordered and the remainder of the order was filled with the rest of the material I asked for.

no problems as far as I am concerned. But to each his own.

Posted by: Jim Geary (---.plsntv01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 02:56PM

Mike, I usually have your kind of luck - but not with Mudhole. Every order I have had has been perfect!

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 03:19PM

Mike,sorry to hear you had problems,I have been a Mud Hole customer since they went on line,and have never encounted a problem such as you describe,I do know the Blue Hypalon grips only come in that one color,would suggest you contact them with your problems.
John

Posted by: Larry (4.40.159.---)
Date: January 07, 2002 03:39PM

No problem here. Excellent service

Posted by: John Burford (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 03:41PM

well i never ordered from them so let's look at it from another side ..... since you were dipleased with your relationship on a bis level and there are 3 folks who had any and all problems worked out no question asked i assume you went the extra mile to besure you didnot give them the wrong #'s , on your order . o yea next time you decide to rant and rave about the company you are mad at be man enough to post on this board by the rules i.e. your full name thats just my 2 cents worth JOHN T BURFORD aka: Tightline Rod's

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.tnt2.winston-salem.nc.da.uu.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 03:42PM

Mike,

Mistakes happen and there is a proper way to handle them. When done in a civil and friendly fashion, you can usually receive satisfaction with any order. Whether or not Mud Hole make a mistake I do not know. It is quite possible. Either way I am sure they will respond in due course. I do not mind anyone using this board to air a gripe concerning a company they have done business with, but it needs to be done in a civil manner. The title of your post could be considered inflamatory and that would be against the rules. However, what you have done is to open a door for loyal Mud Hole customers who will now chime in with their experiences and give Mud Hole the kind of advertising which cannot be purchased at any price. Thus, the post stands.

I have ordered components from dozens of different dealers and have also had to deal with mistakes, broken blanks, etc., etc. A couple phone calls and pleasant discussion usually resulted in getting things straightened out.

In the future, if you wish to criticize a dealer for whatever reason, be sure to put your full name on the post. This board requires full names in order to post and it is especially important if you have a gripe which you want to air. Thanks.

Re: Posts
Posted by: Sang An (---.east.saic.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 03:56PM

I've ordered from Mudhole on several occasions and can only report satisfaction. Could things be better? Well, it wasn't free and Mudhole didn't put a bundle of cash in the box with my order :) but I was happy. I don't do a heavy volume with them but they are on my list of goto companies and I would not hesitate to use them.

Having said that, everyone makes mistakes. People do the internet shopping thing because it allows them to find a greater selection at a better price. The only downside to it is that the merchandise isn't in hand when the decision is made to buy it. Mistakes will happen. Have some patience and deal with it.

Posted by: Bill Doherty (---.rdu.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 04:02PM

TO: Mike R

I order components every other week from Mud Hole. In the past there have been some mix-ups and small problems. I also order parts from many other suppliers. The few problems I have had with Mud Hole are no more or less in number than from other venders. I suggest you call Mud Hole on the phone and ask for Scott. He has always gone out of the way to correct any concerns I may have had reguarding my orders. If you stop buying components from a supplier every time there is a glitch, you will run out of places to buy your parts. Given the events since 9/11, stop, take a breath, and put things in priority. Good Luck on future orders.

Bill Doherty

Posted by: David Henney (---.dsl.wchtks.swbell.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 04:13PM

You guys know when you slam a compny like this , you are liable for a lawsuit..

Posted by: kris bourgeois (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 04:40PM

I deal with MudHole on a regular basis and have not encountered a problem with them at all. I always receive my orders well packaged and have gotten excellent service even if an item was backordered...

Posted by: Mike Bolt (---.50.55.36.rlgh.grid.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 05:00PM

No problems with MH on this end.

Posted by: Robert Balcombe (REELMAN) (---.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 05:10PM

I have never done business with MUD HOLE, but in the past 20 years I have delealt with at least 15 suppliers. At some time there has been mistakes on parts on both sides. My problems were all ways cured by a simple phone call with no hassel. When I place my orders I do it over the phone, I try and get the same person to take my order at all times. This way you have a good working repore. I call all my orders in this way they know what I am looking to build.

This site was to give benifial rod building info.. It was not put here to beat up others just because some one is displeased with a some other party.
TOM KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Bob

Posted by: Lynn Huffman (---.atomic.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 05:19PM

I have ordered from Mudhole several times in the past year in addition to visiting their shop in person while on a trip to Disney World. The only mistakes I've had on orders were ones I made myself( bad to order the wrong tip). I did get some defective cork grip tape, but when I complained to them about it, I was Express shipped an entire new roll at no charge and with their apologies. Can't ask for better service in my book. At least they'll send you a catalog. I have one supplier I'd like to order from , but I've requested a catalog on three occasions and still no catalog... therfore no orders to them. My $.02 worth.
Lynn

Posted by: Jim Kastorff (170.213.132.---)
Date: January 07, 2002 05:26PM

I started buying from Mudhole about 5yrs ago and quit using them after they messed up several orders in a row sending the wrong materials. At the time McNamara stated to me that he was having trouble getting reliable employees(his words).

I tried them again several months ago when they advertised a new thread that I thought I'd try for weaving after one of the staff assurred me that this new thread was as strong as Gudebrod HT. I ordered 4 spools and got a confirmation email of my order and waited 3 weeks . When nothing arrived I called them and they told me they had no record of my order and I should order again. I did and the thread arrived eventually. The new thread is not even close to being as strong as HT. Seems to me he is still having trouble getting reliable employees - jmho

I for one would like to know when others have trouble with internet suppliers, I can make up my own mind whether to take what they say with a grain of salt or not but I don't think its appropriate for those who trash someone for stating their opinion on services received as some have done on this post...

Date: January 07, 2002 05:31PM

After posting my response to your post, I decided I was in remiss by not expressing my concern with the spelling, grammer, and punctuation mistakes YOU made throughout your rant. But, then, nobody's perfect.

Bill Doherty

Posted by: steve walters (---.jci.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 05:40PM

I've had problems with mudhole as far as shipping and backorders but have always dealt with them over the phone and everything worked out fine. Do I have complaints, yes. I still don't waste others time on this board with them. I still order from mudhole and will continue to.

Thank you for your feedback
Posted by: Tom McNamara (---.8.5.84.unionpark-ubr-b.cfl.rr.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 05:55PM

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your feedback, if it was not for thoughtful customers like you, we would never be able to improve our customer service. I first want to apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you and your mother. We strive for 110% customer satisfaction; unfortunately it seems we did not provide that service in your case.

As posted here, we have thousands of very satisfied customers whom we deal with. We will do what ever is needed to satisfy your concerns and correct these problems (the Seeker SBT & BT blanks are the same, the dark blue EVA grip will be sent to you when they arrive in the USA). As discussed with you on the telephone, we have provided you with a 100% full refund on your orders and you may keep the goods you have received. Additionally, when the blue EVA becomes available, we will ship it to you at no cost and include a special gift certificate inviting you to order from us again with our compliments.

Again, we apologize again for the inconvenience and confusion. We value your patronage and hope that if you decided to order from us in the future, your future orders with us will be positive experiences.

If the staff of Mud Hole Custom Tackle or myself may provide you with any additional service, please call contact us toll free at 800-673-3474 or via my direct line that I gave you.

Best regards for the New Year,

Tom McNamara
President/CEO
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
[www.mudhole.com]
Phone: (407) 447-RODS

Experiences
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.tnt3.winston-salem.nc.da.uu.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 05:59PM

I think that responses and posts dealing with an individual's experience with various vendors can be helpful and valuable to other builders. It is important to know if there is a legitimate problem that others need to be aware of.

There is also a considerate and civil way to do this. The title of the original post "Don't buy from Mud Hole, Here's Why" might have been better written to say something like "Problems with Dealer" or something similar.

As long as the information exchange remains civil and people do not begin to hurl personal insults back and forth there is no problem here. If it starts to get out of hand, well my moderators will have something to do.

Re: Experiences
Date: January 07, 2002 06:05PM

Hey, you can't ask for better service! If you still won't buy from MH anymore, you could send me that gift certificate. Hope your rod building is fun and trouble free.

Bill Doherty

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster