I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

tackleworks site
Posted by: M. Taylor (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 04, 2002 08:45PM

I used the tackleworks link earlier this evening. The concept is something I can get behind. Does anyone know what you have to do to be listed? I assume there is a fee but do you have to qualify somehow? Need a business license?

I looked at the Florida listings and assume they are done alphabetically and not first come first served?

I did email for information but have not heard back yet. Just wondering. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tackleworks site
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: January 04, 2002 10:54PM

contact Tom Kirkman. Link with him through the left listing of RodMaker Magazine or at rodmaker@earthlink.net

Be patient as he is one busy dude at this time with the magazine.

There is a fee for listing with tackleworks.org, and the business licence is something you look after and how you wish to be presented to your customers, and meeting within the regulations of the location you will do business, and how you expect to deal with it as a business. State or provincial jurisdictions would likely require that you collect sales tax for services rendered when you receive the revenue.

Re: tackleworks site
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: January 05, 2002 09:26AM

The directory is just that - a directory. The site itself is not involved in any sort of partnership with any of those listed so your business practices and licenses are between you and the regulating authorities in your area.

The idea behind TackleWorks is to provide a means for Joe Fisherman to quickly locate rod and reel repair persons, and custom rod builders, is his or her immediate area. I promise you that within a few months TackleWorks will be the place the majority of fishermen (who have interenet access at least) will go to find these services in their areas. I am expecting upwards of 3 million hits per month. Print advertising in the major fishing magazines is already in place, although due to the lead time required it will be a few months before they begin to appear. Information packages have already been mailed to over 2500 fishing clubs and organizations in North America. The site will get results.

Please email me directly ([email protected]) for more information. There is a fee to be listed but it is extremely reasonable. I am not aware of any advertising you could do to an audience of this size for anywhere near this amount.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster