I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

best 9'6" to 10' blanks for a fair price
Posted by: Todd (---.client.attbi.com)
Date: January 01, 2002 02:08PM

I want to build a 9'6" to 10' fly rod in a 7 wt. this winter (extra fast to fast action - flex in the top 1/4 of the blank). I know all of the big name brands like Loomis's GLX, Sage and so on... My goal is to build one that will not cost me $300 for the blank alone. I am going to put all top of the line components on the rod, so I do want the rod to be of great quality.. There has to be rods out there that perform very well without having to say G Loomis on it. I know Loomis's are state of the art rods but you are also paying for the name. I have heard a little on the Cabela's FT, St. Croix, RainShadow, PLEASE HELP ME OUT! I am bitting at the bit to get going on this as I have a trip planned in March.

Thanks
Todd

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: best 9'6" to 10' blanks for a fair price
Posted by: Richard's Rod & Reel (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: January 01, 2002 02:18PM

Todd,

The St. Croix 4F967 is a good bet. For what you wish to spend, and for a quality SCIV graphite material this blank will serve you very well in a custom built rod and is still considered high quality.

Rich

Richard's Rod & Reel Service
www.rodreel.com

Posted by: Vaughn (---.tnt2.santa-clara.ca.da.uu.net)
Date: January 01, 2002 03:48PM

Rainshadow are great blanks for the money,
have built several

Posted by: Bruce Young (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 01, 2002 04:04PM

Go with the St. Croix SCIV series. A wonderful blank for the money. I would have to say that you will be surprised of the quality and will fish right there with the big boys. A solid choice for sure.

Bruce Young
Landing Gear

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster