I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Oldtimer newbie
Posted by: Larry Copas (---.sjmo.socket.net)
Date: December 31, 2001 12:13PM

I just found this board and think it is great! I wrapped quite a few rods back about 20 to 25 years ago and recently decided that I wanted to make some new ones. Its hard for me to believe that a rod I made years ago can still outfish most of the rods you buy at the big box stores. I didn't check the archives -- I read all of them and sure did come up with a lot of new buzz words like acid/spiral wrap, new concept, feather inlay, etc. Can't wait to try some of this new stuff. A lot of things are still the same (CP uh!). Already got an order in to Custom Tackle (got their name off this board) for a couple of Rainshadow blanks and a bunch of supplies. Went up to the attic to dig out my rod wrapper and surprise I found 2 Fenwick HMG and 1 glass blank that I never even started so I will have plenty of things to keep me busy. Got a bunch of questions on some of this new stuff for you guys but didn't want to create an overload so I will post 1 question at a time later. Only thing I would like to see on this board is the ability to post pictures instead of going to the Moment of Fame board. I would like to see pictures of what you guys are doing.

Larry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oldtimer newbie
Posted by: Jim Upton (---.elnk.dsl.gtei.net)
Date: December 31, 2001 12:52PM

Larry; A number of us do post on the Moment of Fame site. Welcome back and good luck. You will get all the information you can handle here....Jim Upton

Posted by: Dick Zrudsky (---.cphz1.fl.home.com)
Date: December 31, 2001 01:56PM

What is the monment of fame site?
Dick"

Posted by: Dwayne Rye (---.vbch1.va.home.com)
Date: December 31, 2001 06:21PM

Do a search at this site for "Moment of Fame" and you'll find the address. Pretty remarkable stuff .

Posted by: Tony Hill (---.ras11.vahen.tii-dial.net)
Date: January 02, 2002 06:50AM

Welcome to the boards. I hope you enjoy your visits here as much as I do!

-TH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster