I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

I need new rods!
Posted by: Daniel Urteaga (204.163.186.---)
Date: December 12, 2001 06:44PM

I am looking for rod builders to build me a rod for a reasonable rate, I am a beginning bass fisherman. I am in a club and all the guys have good rods. I can only buy wall mart rods, that 's all I have in my area. I am looking not to spend to much, because I dont have that much. I can do what ever I can to promote the product best as I can. If there is anyone out there, please call me or email me at :
danielurteaga2001@yahoo.com or (209) 726-4601 I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need new rods!
Posted by: William (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 12, 2001 07:26PM

You can also take a look at www.tackleworks.org and see if there are any builders in your area. There didn't seem to be many listed the last time I looked but I am sure more on being added each day.

I don't know how much custom rod you can get if you are not willing to spend much. You pretty much get what you pay for. Then again who knows what will be offered by way of your request. You might also consider some of the better factory rods and having one customized for you with a better guides or whatnot.

Consider this
Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 12, 2001 09:29PM

Have you thought about learning how to build your own? In a bass rod you can build one heck of a nice rod for less than $100. Way less I'd guess. I'm mostly a saltwater rod builder so this is not my area of expertise. Still it seems like maybe this is the answer to your dilema. Building your own isn't that hard after all.

Re: Consider this
Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 12, 2001 11:08PM

Hi Daniel.

I can appreciate your concern. You do have options.

A properly designed and crafted custom rod is usually expensive.

You belong to a club of experienced fishermen. Ask them what brand of rods they buy and how well they like them.

Get as much info as you can.

I take it you are a fresh water fisherman. You have many fine factory rods that will meet your price range. I am sure these companies have a rod to fit your needs, Lamiglas, St Croix, Seeker, Abu Garcia and I am sure other posters on this site can not only suggest a manufacturer but also a model number for you.

Check out the catalogs such as Cabellas.

Perhaps down the road an excellent custom rod will be in order.

If you order a custom rod be sure that you are in on the design phase of the order. A custom rod is designed for you, the type of fish involved, where and how you fish. The rod should fit you like a tailored glove.

Capt Neil

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster