I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Any sponsors have
Posted by: Dan Corbett (---.rback0.flnt.mi.voyager.net)
Date: December 07, 2001 12:25PM

U-40 Rodbond in 32oz size in stock? I love this stuff but no one seems to have the big jugs. e-mail me or post if you have it in stock. Thanks. Dan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any sponsors have
Posted by: Karen Hapka (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 07, 2001 12:59PM

Dan, I have the U40-32 ,the NEW U40-FastCast and U40-Ferrule lube all coming in next week.
Thanks,
Karen Hapka
Bingham Enterprises

Posted by: Tom McNamara (---.8.5.84.unionpark-ubr-b.cfl.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2001 01:46PM

Dan, we have also have it in stock & availble for ordering on-line as well as the rest of the U40 family of products. We also now have added the Classic Coat epoxy's on-line as well.

Tom McNamara
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
[www.mudhole.com]

Posted by: Richard's Rod & Reel (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: December 07, 2001 02:02PM

Dan,
We'll also be glad to accomadate your Rod Bond or U-40
orders and requests. Very good products!

Ask for our free catalog. Be glad to mail it out to you or feel free to email anytime for ordering or assistance.

Rich
Richard's Rod& Reel Service

Posted by: Robert Balcombe (REELMAN) (---.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: December 07, 2001 05:38PM

It sounds like you have plenty of sources now. I use nothing but Rod Bond
Bob

Try this
Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 07, 2001 06:27PM

To make it a bit less messy to use I put mine in the large hobby type syringes. I pack one full of one part and the another full of the other part. Now when I need to mix some up I don't have to fool with the messy jars and lids. I just squirt out what I need and away I go. Make sure your syringes have the large tubes or get the mono-jet type where you can cut the tube back to allow for a larger opening.

Re: Try this
Posted by: Bruce Young (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 07, 2001 09:21PM

Try using a pallet knife. You can get it at an art supply store. I use a fairly flexible one. It is like spreading butter with a knife. It works perfect for picking the epoxy out of the containers and for mixing. You just Take the knife and spread the two parts out on a paper. It will also pick up any Rod Bond even if it is paper thin. It will scrape it up and pile it in any configuration. I also use it to apply the Glue to any surface. Get a shape that has a small point. It helps facilitate getting into tight areas.

Good luck,

Bruce Young
Landing Gear

Re: Try this
Posted by: Scott Greenberg (---.albany.thebiz.net)
Date: December 13, 2001 09:18AM

Dan,
Looks like you have a lot of choices. Merrick Tackle's Got, it too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster