I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

This Board generates SPAM
Posted by: John (---.alsv1.occa.home.com)
Date: December 01, 2001 06:36PM

This Board provides Spammer's with an easy means to get E-mail address's, which they in turn sell throughout the Internet. The next thing you know, you are getting 100's of unwanted E-mails from people you don't even know.

I personally will stop posting messages unless the format is changed to prevent the spammer's from getting my E-mail address.

Currently, all a spammer has to do is to click on the Author's name, and up pops his E-mail address. The spammer does not even have to send an E-mail, but only copy the E-mail address.

It's okay for the Board Moderator to have one's E-mail address, but not the rest of the world!

You should do it like the AllCoast Sportfishg Board.

John

Options: ReplyQuote
So bye bye!
Posted by: Mike Bolt (---.50.54.127.mhub.grid.net)
Date: December 01, 2001 07:36PM

Have a nice day!

Re: So bye bye!
Posted by: Bill Doherty (---.rdu.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 01, 2001 07:54PM

The access to help and advice from the calibre of rodbuilders that visit this site is worth the small risk of unwanted email.

To read the thoughts of builders like Dick French minutes after they left his head, is a privledge we did not have before the internet. And to answer these builders and "exchange" ideas is a valuable service. I am glad it is provided to me for free.

I think this site is fine just the way it is. Thanks to Tom and all the other moderators.

Bill Doherty

Posted by: Billy 40 (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: December 01, 2001 08:13PM

"The next thing you know, you are getting 100's of unwanted E-mails from people you don't even know."

Totally untrue - I am registered on about 10-15 different message boards, and I only receive about 10 per day. Most of the unsolicited E-Mails come from @#$%& - and since this board came up there has been no significant increase in the amount of trash E-mails I receive.

Keep it the way it is...I hope it's OK to keep posting with Billy 40 as my handle!! Billy V.

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 01, 2001 08:34PM

I have been using this site for over a month and all I have gotten is e-mail from my fellow rodbuilders. Everyone has been very helpful and by the way, I love those pictures you put on Moment of Fame, Billy 40.

Posted by: Dave P (---.CDRP.splitrock.net)
Date: December 01, 2001 08:55PM

I found this sight 4 months ago and have posted twice with no junl email.

Posted by: Elrod (150.199.191.---)
Date: December 01, 2001 09:03PM

I have been posting for quite some time. I post ALOT too. Never, ever have I gotten an unwanted email. Don't know enough about web stuff to refute what you are saying, but hasn't happened to date.

Posted by: Roert Balcombe (REELMAN) (---.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: December 02, 2001 12:15AM

I have been posting and answering certain rod building question for almost 8 months and I have yet to recive a unwanted e mail. Thats why you have a bock button.
I want to thank all rod builders who use this site and to keek the question and answers comeing thats how we stay stong and grow
Bob

Me too John!!!
Posted by: Buddy (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 02, 2001 01:53AM

John,

Sorry, but from what I have seen you are wrong.

While it's conceivable that it could happen, it's way too much trouble for the 'spammers' to bother with. They get most of their 'victims' from chat rooms and such with high volumne attendance, and the serious ones wouldn't bother with a site such as this. Wrong market, etc...

I'm in agreement with everyone else who's answered you. I'm not getting any more 'spam' E-mail than I did before discovering this site.

Besides, I have a 'delete' button, and anyone who opens E-mail that he doesn't recognize is a fool anyway....

Good Luck!

Re: Me too John!!!
Posted by: Jeff Stickle (---.lnh.md.webcache.rcn.net)
Date: December 02, 2001 08:52AM

I've got better things to worry about and I haven't seen any spam generated by this board. If you want spam go to the spam website. Get yourself a nice pair of spam ear rings for your wife or girlfriend.

Goodbye - no change
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.tnt1.winston-salem.nc.da.uu.net)
Date: December 02, 2001 09:49AM

John,

Sorry, but we will not change the format. I cannot satisfy everyone but do my best to provide the best format and information exchange for the greatest number of people.

When you visit some of the other rod building boards you may have to register and give quite a bit of personal information. What do you suppose they are going to do with that?

I seriously doubt that many spammers visit this rod building message board. But I respect your opinion and wish you well in finding a board that better suits your needs.

Re: Goodbye - no change
Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2001 11:21AM

Hey please lets not forget that more then one John uses this board, I tend to like it just the way it is
John

Re: Goodbye, John - no change
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: December 02, 2001 11:37AM

Hey John Britt,
At least you have provided us here with your email address and REAL name for spamming purposes.

Oh, by the way check your email. I just sent you my recent Spam. ha.

Let's keep the board the way it is. I fully agree!

Richard Garbowski
fully existing. I think. Anyway, I participate, therefore I exist. and I am proud to have met some wonderful folks through this board! Keep it UP!

Posted by: Paul O (---.dialup.umn.edu)
Date: December 02, 2001 07:30PM

I have been posting on the board on and off since the begining.

All of my spams have come from other webs sites. I can tell by the content. (Financial, no what your thinking ;-) )

Don't change a thing, except get some more sponsers on the left side, so I don't need anty other bookmarks.

Paul O

POVERN@YAHOO.COM

Posted by: Bill OConnor (---.z216112040.bos-ma.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: December 03, 2001 01:59PM

The only spam I have gotten is from Billy40 (sorry, could not resist!!)
This is a great site.

Posted by: jnail (---.unitelc.com)
Date: December 03, 2001 06:47PM

I don't get spam.

My feelings are hurt :(
Posted by: Mike Bolt (---.50.54.92.mhub.grid.net)
Date: December 03, 2001 10:48PM

No one likes me enough to send me spam :(

No spam here...
Posted by: Dorge (---.il.sprintbbd.net)
Date: December 04, 2001 03:32PM

I have been on this site for a while. never get ANYTHING I do not appreciate from here. Only fellow people who have something to offer or say send me stuff from here. Cannot say from others sites. I like it the way it is too.

Good fishing (catching) <*)))))))><{

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster