I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
North Fork composites still in business ??
Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: July 07, 2018 12:00AM

Have 2 grips [ fly rod ] on order from the first of JUNE any input ?? if they are still in Business they don't respond ??

William Sidney
AK

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: North Fork composites still in business ??
Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 07, 2018 12:30AM

I placed an order on 4 July evening and it was shiped today via FedEx. My Oder contained various HM MB blanks and several carbon fiber grips, but no fly rod grips. Yes they are still in business, and appear to get orders out pretty quickly. Maybe the fly rod grips are a low volume item and it takes time to them back in stock. Have you tried calling them?
Norm

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (107.77.83.---)
Date: July 07, 2018 09:35AM

I had grips on order over 3 months with no fulfillment. I finally cancelled order.

Posted by: Linda Vance (206.127.76.---)
Date: July 07, 2018 09:35AM

I ordered two fly grips June 6 and got them June 27th.

Date: July 07, 2018 09:37AM

I ordered two fly grips and a blank June 6th and got them June 27th. Not fast, but within reason.

I ordered two fly grips and a blank June 6th and got them June 27th. Not fast, but within reason.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: July 07, 2018 10:08AM

I just called them a week ago about some grips that didn't come in with the original order and weren't marked as back ordered, I didn't recieve a reply either, just the grips 3 days later. It's a small shop operation in the scheme of things and they probably build blanks, grips, etc. in production lots.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: July 07, 2018 01:07PM

Spencer,
Virtually all suppliers build items in production lots. It is the only way to be really efficient.

I expect that the biggest reason for delays is the size of their on hand inventory. If a company does not move a lot of one particular item. they don't want to have a lot of that seldom sold item on hand. Therefore, if they happen to get a run on one particular item for which they only carry a small inventory, it takes some time to respond with another production build.

Good luck

Posted by: John Ricks (---.tukw.qwest.net)
Date: July 07, 2018 01:29PM

I was at Utmost Enterprises Thursday to pick up some blanks and noticed a lot of fly rod grips and real seats on the tables.

Give them a call and ask, maybe they have what you want.

Link in the column on the left.

And Batson has tons of stuff. You might give their new catalog a look.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2018 01:32PM by John Ricks.

Date: July 07, 2018 08:37PM

Thanks for the input, it looks like they are doing business, will try on Monday again

William Sidney
AK

Date: July 07, 2018 10:55PM

Has anyone received the split grip handles?

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 08, 2018 12:33AM

Thomas, the 3.75” rear grips where part of my order and they shipped yesterday with the rest of my order. I should get them in a few more days. I was curious as to how they compared to the CFX carbon fiber grips. They look very similar and at $6 the price was right.
Norm

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: July 08, 2018 12:57AM

I've get them, similar to the others. I use the rear split grip as a foregrip when needed.

Date: July 08, 2018 08:56AM

They are the same as the batson grip and I much prefer the shape of theirs over the cfx. I was just curious if they had finally gotten them in or not. I do appreciate the replies though!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2018 08:56AM by Thomas Kaufmann.

Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (172.58.59.---)
Date: July 08, 2018 01:36PM

Bill,do you have a hidden beef with them?
An emergency on someone's part due to lack of planning or preparation,does not automatically mean the same on a suppliers end of things.

When a manufacturer suddenly cuts their prices, I would expect immediate high-volume sales. It's the old you snooze, you lose situation.

Most manufacturers have gone to the right on time system. Which simply means they time their production runs to coincide with the need to fill orders. Those are often known factors in advance of filling them. Blank and Rod manufacturers do production runs of several different blanks at a time to fulfill their needs and bolster their inventory. It is unfair to expect them to throw a small quantity of blank x into the middle of they're scheduled production runs. It needs to be a bigger quantity based on anticipated sales or expected ones. CF flyrod grips are becoming more accepted and sought after now as opposed to a few years back. Fly rod users are traditionally the most notorious for balking at change,aside from newer users. Give the company time to catch up to constantly changing market conditions. Gary Loomis has been a pioneer in carbon fiber blank technology for a long time. Without his foresight into blank and rod building, along with others such as Steve Rajeff, we might very well still be in the Dark Ages. As I understand it, he has also incurred serious health issues. So lighten up,already.

My best suggestion is to accept that is the way of the business world now. Get over it and move on, make your own, or find a better source.
Peace out...

Date: July 09, 2018 12:29AM

My question was are they still in business , nothing else as they did not respond , sorry if it ruffed your feathers

William Sidney
AK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 12:32AM by Bill Sidney.

Date: July 09, 2018 12:28PM

Just a tidbit, they responded it is in the mail thanks for the input

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 09, 2018 02:03PM

Took them almost two months to fill my order. I think they make them when you order. I believe Washington state will tax your inventory so they probably don't keep much on the shelf. I get the same thing with electronic equipment made there for my real job.

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.wavecable.com)
Date: July 19, 2018 12:19PM

If you're looking for carbon fly grips, Batson's new Forecast Carbon models just arrived the other day. See page 123 in the new 2019 Batson catalog linked below. The majority of the models listed are now in stock. Dealers will need some time to get stock on hand, but you can always ask your dealer to drop ship. Be advised, Forecast Carbon Grips won't be listed at EVA prices. Our pricing is more comparable to super grade cork. We hope you enjoy building with them.

[www.batsonenterprises.com]

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster