I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Shout out to Aussie builders.SUPPLIERS?
Posted by: Scott Lawrence (---.pa.qld.optusnet.com.au)
Date: June 25, 2018 08:19PM

Hi guy's, new to building and need to find suppliers for all rodbuilding stuff.Blanks,grips,guides,etc.Just wondering who Aussie builders are using to get there stuff from.Would prefer to buy from Aussie suppliers if possible.Looking at mudhole prices it may be still alot cheaper to get even with shipping and bad exchange rate.Any returns or problems would be a pain though.Cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shout out to Aussie builders.SUPPLIERS?
Posted by: Matthew Pitrowski (---.lightspeed.milwwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 26, 2018 12:43AM

no need to shout just a simple search will find you several here are a few I found

[exclusivetackle.com.au]

[www.hookedonline.com.au]

[www.hardcoreelement.com.au]

The best day to be alive is always tomorrow !!
Think out side the box when all else fails !!!
Wi.

Posted by: Brendan Moore (1.132.105.---)
Date: June 26, 2018 01:54AM

Hi Scott, you can also get Rod Builder magazine by contacting Ian Drent ian.drent@outlook.com

Where are you based?

Regards
Brendan

Posted by: Scott Lawrence (118.210.205.---)
Date: June 26, 2018 03:46AM

Thanks Matthew.Based at Morayfield about 45 mins north of Brisbane.Qld.

Posted by: Matthew Pitrowski (---.lightspeed.milwwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 26, 2018 08:43AM

you could always head to the water and ask any of the people fishing who they buy from for building their own rods I want to get to Au some day soon before I won't be able it is the age ya know mate

The best day to be alive is always tomorrow !!
Think out side the box when all else fails !!!
Wi.

Posted by: Brendan Moore (1.132.105.---)
Date: June 27, 2018 02:32AM

I'm in Caloundra. If you want to come up let me know.

Date: June 27, 2018 05:07AM

Cheers Brendan I will keep that in mind.I sure do have a lot to learn.

Posted by: Dave O'Brien (202.74.137.---)
Date: June 28, 2018 01:25AM

Hey Scott,

I use the rod works over in South Australia for some stuff but I check MO tackle and exclusivetackle too and generally go with the best price, but sometime it depend on the cost and what im buying. Mudhole is good to deal with and has by far the best range of gear to pimp your custom rods up, but there postage outside of capital city kills ya here unless your buying enough to build several rods my last order which included 4x 7ft rod blanks cost me over 150buks postage but because of the amount of gear I brought I still made a savings on what it would have cost me to buy here locally in NSW.

Cheers Dave

Dave O'Brien
Port Macquarie
Australia

Date: June 28, 2018 03:48AM

Hey Dave, Thanks for the heads up.Have checked The rod works,exclusive tackle and mo.Sounds like shoping around to find service/ price balance is the go.At this stange I will be buying on a build by build basis.Got to see if I can actualy produce something worthy yet.
Thanks Scott

Posted by: Dave O'Brien (202.74.137.---)
Date: July 02, 2018 12:53AM

Scott mate,

it only a bit of practice and you'll be turning out top shelf quality rods with your own colours, patterns and fancy grips that you cant buy here

Dave O'Brien
Port Macquarie
Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster