I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Geek blanks
Posted by: Don Green (---.lightspeed.moblal.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 09, 2018 10:49AM

Has anyone had any experience with Rod Geeks colored blanks? Just wondering how the paint job holds up etc.
any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Geek blanks
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 09, 2018 11:55AM

I have built a few and they hold up fine, colored the same way all colored blanks are done.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: June 09, 2018 01:34PM

Hello Don.

I'm with Phil w4w.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 09, 2018 09:08PM

The painting process on the rod geeks blanks is roughly the same as that used on the St. Croix blanks, which seem to hold up as well as anything else out there.

Posted by: herb canter (70.40.98.---)
Date: June 09, 2018 10:35PM

Makes sense since that factory in Fresnillo Mexico where Rod Geeks blanks are now made was a carbon copy setup of St. Croixs factory in Park Falls Wisconsin and is equipped with the exact same proprietary rod testing and manufacturing equipment . It is a joint venture with St.Croix as most are aware so the painting process should be similar .

I can't tell a difference between my Rod Geeks & St. Croixs paint jobs.

Posted by: Drew Pollock (162.119.232.---)
Date: June 09, 2018 10:39PM

I've been kind of impressed with the Rod Geeks blanks I've purchased. All 2 of them. But it's pretty quick to get a custom colored blank exactly as specified. And to get a custom painted blank, from Mexico in less than 10 days is pretty impressive. And the paint is exactly like St Croix painted blanks. Great colors, well done, etc.

I really like their 4 piece travel blanks. No one else does that, and they are really great and not crazy $$. To me, a 3 piece travel blank is a pain, you can never fold the rod in half, but a 4 piece rocks. Easy to transport by air, and once "there" easy to break into 2 pieces for local expedient transport.

I'm going to go all in with them for some fly rod blanks in the near future. They clearly have it down with no non-sense.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.kya.res.rr.com)
Date: June 09, 2018 11:07PM

I build all my rods on Rodgeeks blanks. THe only issue you might have is with NEon Orange and NEon pink if expossed to the sun for long periods of time. IT says so on their site. Quality of thie products, service, is top notch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster