I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Now free shipping for any order $25 or above Hitena USA Homepage
Posted by: Hitena USA (---.dllstx.fios.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 28, 2018 02:16PM

HI Everyone,

It just passed 100 days since Hitena launched in US market. 2,000 SKU's have been stocked in our warehouse and we struggle to replenish stocks right on time to keep up with sharply increasing demand. We sincerely appreciate customers who supported our products. We have enhanced shipping policy to bring the best shopping experience in the market for you.

- Now shipping is free for any orders of $25 or above domestic, otherwise flat rate $3.99. Say, if you buy any main fishing line in our homepage for example, shipping is free already

- Now we go International with USPS First Class Int'l Package at flat rate $13.99 (Canada $9.99) regardless of the weight. Any overage charges we absorb. We ship to any country that USPS delivers except Japan, Korea, Australia. Delivery will take anywhere between 1~3 weeks.

- No-questions-asked Moneyback Guarantee has been on since we opened our homepage though we are yet to see anything returned. We further guarantee Best Quality. If you find any better quality tackles than your purchase from us, we gladly accept return. You paid premium price for our tackles and you have every right to enjoy that premium.

Without your supports, it had never been possible for us to successfully launch our brand in the US market. We'll do more to serve you better.
Thank you so much!

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2018 02:17PM by Hitena USA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Now free shipping for any order $25 or above Hitena USA Homepage
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 28, 2018 03:40PM

Gabriel, I had a NERBs gathering with 30 people on Saturday, we checked out the thread and I was testing wrapping it. Everyone seemed to like it. There was one of your customer here Chris from Delaware who discussed some of your other products with the guys. A lot of us are going to be trying your products this year and will provide you with feedback.

Posted by: Hitena USA (---.dllstx.fios.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 28, 2018 03:56PM

Hi Billy,

Glad to hear from you. Chris also told me he attended your class and had awesome experience. Happy to hear you liked our thread. We have more colors of nylon and silk thread rolling out next week. Epoxy is on schedule for Jun delivery as well. Will update developments in the forum shortly.

Thanks!

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: March 28, 2018 06:26PM

Gabriel,

Great to hear the new colors of thread will be available next week. I will be making an order as I have some fly rod builds I need to get done.

Posted by: Hitena USA (47.185.184.---)
Date: March 28, 2018 06:51PM

Hi David,

Next week, we are having 6 additional colors of nylon thread - Navy, Forest (Green), Olive, Tan, Chestnut, Mahogany for full sizes AA, A, B, C, D, E. to make total 13 nylon colors available. 5 more colors will be added to finalize total 18 nylon colors in next couple of months. Silk thread AAAA and AAA will be available also next week in 2 types - white and undyed natural. I'll send you silk thread samples to you along with your order. This silk appears really gorgeous. Thanks.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 28, 2018 07:57PM

A couple of suggestions that may help - almost no rod builders use size E thread. A and D are favorites and if there was a combination that fell between B and C that would pretty much cover all the bases. The market is not really large enough to offer six sizes, although I think you will figure that out soon enough. I'd concentrate on just 3, or perhaps 4 sizes and run with that.

Date: March 28, 2018 10:43PM

TOm I have their size E, I consider it size D. I told Gabe this, he has all teh sizes of his thread compared to others. TOo many sizes is too confusing. What I liked about his thread is it laid flat, really flat. Teh size E was easy to wrap up a guide foot, but it was like size A. I look forward to playing with it some more

Date: March 28, 2018 10:43PM

TOm I have their size E, I consider it size D. I told Gabe this, he has all teh sizes of his thread compared to others. TOo many sizes is too confusing. What I liked about his thread is it laid flat, really flat. Teh size E was easy to wrap up a guide foot, but it was like size A. I look forward to playing with it some more

Posted by: David Miller (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: March 29, 2018 07:10AM

The Hitena A thread at least visually is very close to Fuji A but has very good stretch. I think some manufacturers A is thicker than both of these. I think the AA will be great for fly rods and thin trim bands.Will be find out really soon.

Posted by: Hitena USA (47.185.184.---)
Date: March 29, 2018 01:34PM

Tom – Thanks for your input. I really appreciate your suggestion and concern that make a lot of sense for us as well but we had some reasons why we have to set all sizes at the moment. It could be a long story but it might be informative if we share our thoughts on thread sizes.

Maybe I mentioned earlier the reason why we developed wrapping thread ourselves. When we stared building our rod, wrapping thread was a big issue among our engineers. There were so many differences in thickness by brand and by Nylon/NCP even in the same brand, for example

- Nylon A in the market ranges 202~256 denier. NCP A much thicker in some brands up to 367 d
- D size thickness ranges even wider than A and some NCP goes up to E & F sizes
- Twist thread A is the size of Nylon D

We were only after nylon thread from the first place but a nylon thread we seriously considered was proved polyester sold under nylon name. Gudebrod was discontinued and we decided to develop our own, then we needed to set up our own standard in thread sizing based on our knowledge from textile industry as below,

- Nylon, NCP, Silk, Zebra (2~3 colors twist) should be consistent by denier
- Metallic is set by actual thickness

We sized all our threads based on the above standard and following is a comparison with other threads in the market

STwrap AA
STwrap A – “P” Nylon A – "F" CP/NOCP A - Gudebrod Nylon/NCP A
STwrap B – “P” NCP A
STwrap C – “P” NCP A
STwrap D – “F” CP/NOCP D – Gudebrod Nylon D – “P” Nylon D
STwrap E – Gudebrod NCP D – “P” NCP D

Generally speaking,
If you used “F” CP/NOCP, Gudebrod Nylon, “P” Nylon – it’s more or less the same with ours (David’s point)
If you used Gudebrod NCP or “P” NCP – they are much thicker and you’ll need to upsize with ours (Billy’s point)

Just before initial launch, we changed our D size to be thinner coz we got feedback from “F” CP/NOCP thread and Gudebrod/”P” Nylon users that our D is thicker After that change, we are now getting some feedback that our D is thinner from Gudebrod NCP and “P” NCP users. Looks there is no magic number in thread sizing. AA is for tip, under wrap and some fly rods as David mentioned but there are fly tying people who want nice stretch tying thread also.

It's not possible to meet each builder's wide perception of for example 202~367 d for A size alone with single size. As a manufacturer, only thing we can do is offering as many options possible to our customers and they will decide what they need. Some sizes that they don’t want would be naturally scraped but at this moment it looks we need all sizes to cover each builder’s liking.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2018 01:38PM by Hitena USA.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster