I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

what guides
Posted by: Leonard Letukas (---.sctnpa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2018 01:41PM

I have a fiblink triomphante t703 that needs two new guides the company was no help does anybody know what they are they look like AT ring locks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what guides
Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: March 13, 2018 01:47PM

Can you post a picture?

Or send a picture to my email?

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: March 13, 2018 01:47PM

Can you post a picture?

Or send a picture to my email?

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Date: March 13, 2018 07:23PM

Don this is Leonard sent epics to your email

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 13, 2018 08:47PM

Just looked at a FibLinks 704 Spin rod that I have for a guide replacement. The first three guides are Y type guides and the remainder are V type. Probably a no name foreign knock off guides. They are black with a black ceramic ring. They are not AT guides because they don’t make a Y type guide without a cross brace. Look like PacBay hialoy guides, but I have only seen them in a V frame. Could be Fuji LY and LV guides with aluminum oxide rings, or CRB YG and VSG guides. Even if they are not these they are both a close match.
Norm

Date: March 14, 2018 09:49AM

Norman the guides on the one I got are douple footed and it is a spinning rod also

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2018 10:25AM

Leonard,
Rather than spending a lot of time and extra money to try to match a 1-off rod with unusual guides, I will generally just strip the guides off of the rod and use stock guides that I have for a rod repair. Normally, it only takes a few minutes to strip off the rest of the guides and to start clean on the repair rather than spending a lot of time and money to obtain a couple of mismatched guides.

But, always your choice.

Good luck

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 14, 2018 10:57AM

I think either the black Fuji SV or CRB DF with Aluminum oxide rings would be a close fit. Or do as Roger suggests and replace them all with inexpensive guides.
Norm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster