I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for Aftco reel seat sleeves
Posted by: Scott Lamb (172.11.206.---)
Date: March 01, 2018 10:31PM

I can't find these anywhere. Anyone know where I can find one or even have one for sale? Looking for one with the 1 inch inner diameter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for Aftco reel seat sleeves
Posted by: Matthew Pitrowski (---.lightspeed.milwwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 02, 2018 07:40AM

[www.anglersworkshop.com]

The best day to be alive is always tomorrow !!
Think out side the box when all else fails !!!
Wi.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 02, 2018 10:13AM

Hello Scott.

MudHole carries them the ferrules and the nuts, you can get all the parts there.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: darrel odland (---.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 02, 2018 06:51PM

Scott, I had same issue on my last build (Sturgeon Rod) Was told by AW that they no longer carry and were unavailable. I finally bought an American Tackle Company reel seat from Mud Hole. Price is comparable and I think they have a few more choices when it come to combination of colors. I bought 3 of them and last build was very nice. Check it out!!
"Bent Rod to ya"
Darrel

Date: March 02, 2018 07:18PM

Looking for these [www.mudhole.com] I will email Mudhole to see if they plan to receive more as you can't add them to your cart. I will email aftco too as I am not sure they are still making them. I like them in front of the reel seat with a hypalon foregrip contacting the top of them. I really like grabbing a heavy roller guide, 50 narrow 2 speed rod and reel combo, at the sleeve when pulling out of rod holders, handling, etc. This one I want to dress up with abalone. If anyone wants to sell one they have please contact me.

Date: March 02, 2018 07:21PM

I was shocked at how hard it was to find an green aftco reel seat. Found one at Donart and they were great to work with.

darrel odland Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Scott, I had same issue on my last build (Sturgeon
> Rod) Was told by AW that they no longer carry and
> were unavailable. I finally bought an American
> Tackle Company reel seat from Mud Hole. Price is
> comparable and I think they have a few more
> choices when it come to combination of colors. I
> bought 3 of them and last build was very nice.
> Check it out!!
> "Bent Rod to ya"
> Darrel

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 03, 2018 06:53PM

I think what your looking for is called a TUNA BLOCK and is used as reinforcement against crushing your rod blank. On heavy duty reels with ears for suspending clamping support, the tuna block is where the clamp adheres to. Not on the bare blank or handle material.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Date: March 03, 2018 11:15PM

Yes, Dennis, that is what it is designed for. I just like it ergonomically and plan to use it for aesthetics. If I can't find one, I will just trim a slick butt I have to the length I want. The sleeves just fit perfect and are indestructible. I guess I can also trim a thinner wall polished aluminum pipe but I have to order the pipe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster