I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dont you just HATE this!!
Posted by: kevin gross (---.179.30.69.ip.windstream.net)
Date: February 25, 2018 11:51PM

Ok I got an order off to Mudhole for 2 blanks, thread, epoxy past and finish, grips, guides and tip tops reel seats, winding checks and a few other items. Well I went and forgot the Halibut decals.. Too late to get it added on. Man I hate it when I do this. Its 6.95 just for shipping to I am going to pass but its aggravating. As I get older my memory keep getting better and better. I is also getting shorter and shorter LOL.

Kevin Gross
Many men will spend their whole life wondering if they made a difference. Marines dont have that problem - Ronald Regan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dont you just HATE this!!
Posted by: Raymond Faus (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2018 12:00AM

Water slide decal paper for your printer. Done!

Posted by: herb canter (70.40.107.---)
Date: February 26, 2018 12:08AM

Happens to me EVERY TIME , no joke, i buy all the thread , epoxy etc... and 5 minutes after completing the transaction i realize i forgot to add the blank , i live Murphy's law though so it's understandable.

Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (172.58.60.---)
Date: February 26, 2018 06:21AM

Have you tried asking the customer service folks at Mudhole to see if they would simply mail them for less than that? You might be surprised.

Posted by: Donald La Mar (---.lightspeed.lsvlky.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 26, 2018 11:18AM

Murphy is most every rod builder's middle name!

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2018 12:04PM

Kevin,

I've forgotten items on my order more than I came to admit....I just choke it up to being over 70!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2018 01:37PM

I agree with Chuck. Call them, I have done so in the past and they will work with you.

Posted by: jon tobey (98.99.251.---)
Date: February 27, 2018 04:38PM

Every time

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: February 28, 2018 09:01AM

Amazon will ship me everything from a pair of skivvies to a large appliance free of charge. This has caused mass closures of traditional retail stores. Retailers who soak customers with heavy delivery charges, take note.

Posted by: David Miller (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: February 28, 2018 02:14PM

How do these retailers get the same shipping rate from USPS as Amazon?

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2018 02:33PM

Speaking of shipping i needed two winding checks that i didn't have in stock. Ordered from mudhole the shipping was more than double the cost of the checks

Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (172.58.56.---)
Date: March 01, 2018 04:41PM

I often wonder why decent people post same or similar questions on public forums. Yes,I realize common sense isn't as common as it used to be,and still needs to be. These questions may be as simple as info regarding warranties on blanks or shipping/mailing costs for ordered items. If your hard earned dollars are that important,as they are to me also,be diligent and thorough. It's not unlike being a tradesman of any sort. Rule #1: Measure twice. Cut once.
I actually recall reading a post on this site. Someone was giving a kudos to Mud Hole. Apparently they needed a few small items and actually called and talked to them. They put them in an envelope and mailed them, charging accordingly. If someone can't call a blank manufacturer about a warranty, or a retailer to discuss shipping or mailing, find a retailer that does exact cost shipping. Find a manufacturer who's warranty you like. Contact them and ask if blank modifications disqualify the warranty or whatever you wish to know. Better still, investigate manufacturers warranties BEFORE you purchase. Back to common sense again. Just because buying has gotten easier thanks to the internet,does not disqualify us from our due diligence as consumers.
Mic drop as I shake my head and step off my temporary soapbox podium....

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 04, 2018 09:58PM

Chuck, could not agree with you more! We seem to think that shipping costs are just the postage or freight, they are not, there is handling and packaging as well. This does not justify using a flat rate for very small items, there needs to be some "common sense" on the vendor side as well!

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 04, 2018 09:58PM

Chuck, could not agree with you more! We seem to think that shipping costs are just the postage or freight, they are not, there is handling and packaging as well. This does not justify using a flat rate for very small items, there needs to be some "common sense" on the vendor side as well!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster