I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

CRB RBS Base thread carriage
Posted by: Seth Johnson (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2018 10:01PM

Is there another option for a thread carriage besides the CRB HWS-1? I need more than 2 spools at a time, and in general I’m not in love with the HWS-1. Wondering if this PAC Bay 4 Spool or this Batson would work? Open to any suggestions.
[www.mudhole.com]
[www.getbitoutdoors.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CRB RBS Base thread carriage
Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 01, 2018 03:14AM

I believe it will, I have this one on a CRB track, It's just a different version glides like it's on ICE ! [www.mudhole.com] And the top piece [www.mudhole.com]. Cheers Jaa

Posted by: Seth Johnson (---.williams.com)
Date: February 01, 2018 08:22AM

You wouldn’t happen to have a picture of your setup would you?

Posted by: Robert Wood (162.252.129.---)
Date: February 01, 2018 09:54AM

I made an extension for my CRB carriage I can run up to 6 spools on it. Its easy to do too a couple pieces of aluminum strap 3/4 inch wide and a few nuts and 1/4 all thread

Date: February 01, 2018 12:40PM

Robert Wood Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I made an extension for my CRB carriage I can run
> up to 6 spools on it. Its easy to do too a couple
> pieces of aluminum strap 3/4 inch wide and a few
> nuts and 1/4 all thread

I am kicking myself right now. I had pretty much melted my first HWS-1 trying to replace the tension rod and recently ordered a new one. Instead of stripping the hardware, I tossed the whole thing.

This sounds like a good idea, and I think I may go with it. If I were just starting out, Jay's idea looks better, but I don't want to drop more money than I have to into this. The two things I'm not seeing at Home Depot are the springs and plastic washers, but I can order those tonight after I measure the existing ones.

What I'm trying to do is get setup to do a tiger wrap with 3 colors. I think I was looking for the 4 spool tensioners I posted to hold tension on 4 spools at the same time, but after reading the instructions it would appear that's not what they do. They hold 4, but only recommend using the tension on 1 spool at a time.

Posted by: Robert Wood (162.252.129.---)
Date: February 01, 2018 01:27PM

I don't know if you have a menards around you but I know they carry the springs and plastic washers

Posted by: Robert Mckee (---.126.140.67.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 11, 2018 05:20PM

If Ace hardware doesn’t have it no one does.

Posted by: Robert Mckee (---.73.185.173.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 17, 2018 07:58PM

I would love to see it when you get it finished. I have a very limited area I can work in. If you do not mind sharing. Thabks

Date: March 19, 2018 07:18AM

The photo uploaded sideways, but here it is.
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster