I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Blank weight CRB E-Glass FIS782ML?
Posted by: rick sodke (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date: January 19, 2018 07:35PM

Anyone have an idea of the blank weight for this 6'6" med light blank?
CRB Value E-Glass Freshwater Rod Blank FIS782ML

Mudhole says it is 11oz (seems high) and no response from CRB.
Thanks,
Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blank weight CRB E-Glass FIS782ML?
Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: January 19, 2018 08:02PM

give mudhole a call , it seams a little heavy to me should be some where 2 to 3 OZ or less just a guess , if you have a paper catalog , might be a better place to look for the info ,

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 19, 2018 08:29PM

Rick,
A listing from the CRB catalog:
[crbproducts.com]

Note, no weight listed.

But, when one checks with other vendors on a glass freshwater 7 foot rod in a medium light version with a 4-10 lb line test, the weights seem to between 1 and 2 ozs.

So, I suspect that the weight listed as 11 ozs, should really be 1.1 ozs.

Call Mud hole to be sure, but based on the butt and tip diameter, the 1.1 oz weight would be quite reasonable.

Take care

Date: January 19, 2018 09:02PM

I talked to Mudhole.
They said they didn’t have a scale to weigh one so rely on the posted weight. Super helpful.
No idea where it was posted.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 19, 2018 11:28PM

Rick,
Did you offer to buy a scale and send it to Mud hole so that they could weigh the weight of the blanks?

A float scale like this one is very inexpensive, but very very accurate with respect to the typical weight of rod blanks.

I have had such a scale for many years, and have weighed virtually every different blank that I have built a rod on and have been well pleased with the weights of the total rod as well as just the blank::

[www.autozone.com]

Or, here is an inexpensive digital scale that will handle the weights of the typical fishing rod as well.

[www.homedepot.com]|THD|DigitalDecor|google|D29B+Housewares|_pkw__pmt__product_203725598&mid=epqnFKJHw|dc_mtid_8903yuu57254_pcrid__pkw__pmt__product_203725598_slid_&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI88HK19nl2AIVk7fACh34YQfwEAQYAiABEgJnIvD_BwE

Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: January 20, 2018 07:31AM

Hello Rick -- Could my response possibly went in your Spam folder? I have copied a response to a message, from you on Wed., Jan. 17th., that you had sent in to CRB, whereas I had sent a response back to you ----- Thank You for contacting us. The blank weighs 2.6 ozs.

Regards,
Bob McKamey

CRB Products
400 Kane Ct. | Oviedo, FL 32765
Email: info@crbproducts.com | www.crbproducts.com

Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:05 PM
To: info@crbproducts.com
Subject: New Message (sent by contact form at CRB Products)

E-Mail: rsodke@hotmail.com
Subject: FIS782ML blank weight?

Mudhole is telling me this blank is 11oz, which seems massively excessive.
Can you tell me the weight of the bare blank?
Thanks,
Rick

Date: January 20, 2018 07:27PM

Thanks Bob. That'll work.
That is my email, but I received no response from you or anyone at CRB. Perhaps it's in your outbox (??)
Consider providing this information to Mudhole. Bad information is worse than no information (but not much).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster