I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFC Delta Blanks
Posted by: Shane Beilue (---.cluster-g.forcepoint.net)
Date: January 15, 2018 10:00AM

Hi all,

New to the site and rod building and had a question for those with first hand experience with the NFC Delta LMX blanks. I'm looking to build bass rods for personal use and like what I've read regarding the Delta series (esp with 50% off sale from NFC), but hadn't run across anyone that has side-side comparison with how these blanks load and feel as compared to an HM or IM blank.

Ideally, I'm looking for med/heavy to heavy actions in 7 to 7'6" length for pitching jigs, spinnerbaits, Carolina rigs, etc and like a more parabolic bend over the super stiff rods with little to no tip.

Really appreciate your feedback,
Shane

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC Delta Blanks
Posted by: David Miller (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: January 15, 2018 12:48PM

I may be wrong but I think most models of Delta are IM but unsanded. Then they have the composite crankbait which I am pretty sure is used by Kistler’s Feel n Reel. Kistler may use some other Delta models as well.

That 50% off sale got my interest up too for one of the Delta crankbait blanks until I went to checkout to see the shipping is a flat $30 and the $10 tax per rod is not put in to the retail cost like most manufacturers. Heck CTS only charged $30 for shipping from New Zealand to here. With that said it probably is still a good deal for a USA made Loomis designed blank if you buy multiple blanks or go in with someone else to slit shipping charges.

Posted by: Shane Beilue (---.public.wayport.net)
Date: January 15, 2018 01:53PM

Good points on the tax and shipping - that adds up in a hurry. I understand the same as you regarding the blank construction- just assumed the cheaper cost was due to more composite material than high mod graphite (?). As you said, still not a bad deal at 50% off but wasn’t too sure how the blank may feel as opposed to blanks like one of the MHX or NFC IM.

Appreciate the feedback and welcome others as well. Thx

Posted by: David Miller (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: January 15, 2018 02:28PM

I think the lower cost is mainly not sanding the blanks reducing labor and cosmetic blemishes.

Hopefully someone has used them to know the actions. I am like you I like some bend to the blank especially with braid use.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 15, 2018 06:33PM

Double post, see it below.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 06:47PM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 15, 2018 06:46PM

Action has nothing to do with the blank's material. A parabolic action, there really is no such thing, a moderate action, can be done in any material. They discribe the blanks and materials very well on the web site, they are high modulus material, mixed with high modulus glass, which has been around a long time, but cost as much or more than graphite, and regular graphite in a hybrid multi-modulus construction. Multi-modulus costruction has been explained many times here and used for near two decades at least so it's not a new concept.
Expecting something like an HM blank when you don't use that material is a non starter, the one's I've handled were in IM to SM arena, but that is dependent on what style blank and how you use it, certainly I'd have no problem using a Delta blank for tight line presentations, slack line presentations would depend on how the blank is built, the exact same formula is not used on all blanks I'm sure. Really not all graphite blanks are a good candidate for slack line presentations.
Just call them, they are great people to talk to, about a third of the time Gary himself answered my calls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 06:50PM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: robert kravic (---.sub-174-232-136.myvzw.com)
Date: January 20, 2018 08:10AM

Finally got my hands on some deltas to build for me and my buddies. A mb 692, mb 714, mb 703 and a 705. They feel good are nice and straight and have horizontal ridges down the whole blank. Their gonna all be spiral wrapped baitcasters and I'm pretty stoked about them especially that 703 which weighs 1.3 oz . It's gonna be mine and I plan on wearing out some smallmouth with it. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with them. For what your looking for I suggest you try that 714 or maybe a hotshot blank.

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2018 11:57PM

Robert thanks for the report.I like the specs on the 714 blank. Looks good for finesse bass and inshore jig fishing. How much did the 714 blank you received weigh?

Posted by: robert kravic (---.sub-174-232-139.myvzw.com)
Date: January 30, 2018 12:10PM

I'll get you the exact weights of the deltas I have. I believe the 714 was right around 2 oz

Posted by: robert kravic (---.sub-97-44-192.myvzw.com)
Date: February 14, 2018 07:12PM

The 703 is 1.303 oz the 692 is 1.54 oz the 705 is 2.05 oz the 714 is heavier than I thought at 2.3 oz and is 7 ft 2 5/8 inches. The 704 hm weighs 1.77 oz. sorry it took so long but the blanks are at my friends and today was the first I could get over there. That 714 is gonna be a nice stick although I might cut off a few inches off the butt to lighten it up for my buddy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster