I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

"CC...." Fuji guides
Posted by: Mark Talmo (---.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 11, 2018 02:11AM

I just received my first “Corrosion Control “(CC…) Fuji guides. The finish of the frames is almost exactly what I have been looking for. While a polished frame may be acceptable for the salt, I am a firm believer a reflection of the sun from a polished guide can spook mountain trout. Additionally, I personally regard the look of polished guides to be flashily cheap and black (powder-coated) guides end up chipping and become rather dindgy looking after awhile. After spending quite a bit more for the TKWAGs (just as they were being discontinued) for my 30# Black Diamond Hybrid salt rod, I was disappointed to discover they were polished as well. I am soooooooo relieved to not have to low-pressure-blast my polished guides with optic powder, including all the prep required to insulate the inserts while blasting.
Thank you to Fuji and any evolvement Jim Ising may have had listening to us and affording the rod building world with the next-best-thing to a TKWAG or TKLHAG. Thanks to Jim regardless. I am very loyal to Fuji products in general and rarely use anything else, but the loss of Alconite inserts in Ti frames was very disappointing and I continue to feel the same way. However, at least a noble attempt was made to afford an appropriate, yet compromising, replacement. You can certainly count me in!
~ >*))))))><{

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "CC...." Fuji guides
Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 11, 2018 04:31PM

Have used both the CC and BC corrosion control KR guides on several casting and spinning rods and they do look good. The CC guides have a matte silver finish, and the BC guides are a matte smoke grey which I like a lot. If they are as corrosion resistant as advertised, then there is nothing else on the market better except titanium. The best thing is they are the same price as the standard stainless KR guides, making them a really great buy. I have not tried the fazlite insert corrosion control KR guides, but they are even less expensive with the same corrosion resistance. It sounds like the fazlite ring is like a souped up hardloy ring.
Norm

Re: "CC...." Fuji guides
Posted by: Mark Talmo (---.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 12, 2018 12:30AM

It is certainly comforting to learn such a respected, veteran rod crafter agrees and supports my new go-to guides. Are the “BC…” guides simply a (powder) coating or is the actual metal treated to produce the smoke grey color? As for the Fazlite, I see no point compromising on the quality of Alconite while at the same time avoid the brittleness of SiC or SiN and rarely can justify the cost of Torzite. In my humble opinion, anyone would be hard pressed to find a better, all-around guide material than Alconite when considering all aspects between cost, performance and bragging rights.
While most of my comments regarding Fuji’s new “CC…” guides have been directed more to the cosmetic aspect, I am ultimately more concerned with overall performance, corrosion resistance included. Guides manufactured from cheaper alloys of stainless steel than 316 still perform quite well in most fresh water fishing environments. However, a marine environment is so brutally harsh, I think even plastic will rust! Admittedly, I have no experience with passivated metals. Time will tell but I maintain confidence in any Fuji product, the new CC and BC guides included.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster