I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lamiglas NW special
Posted by: Jeff Mayfield (---.wm.com)
Date: December 20, 2017 04:10PM

Good afternoon all,

I have a custom wrapped 8'6" Lamiglas NW special N388 that I broke the tip on. does anyone know if a replacement blank is available I would hate to throw away the base after putting all of the work into it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lamiglas NW special
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 20, 2017 05:11PM

Did you check with Lamiglas?

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: December 20, 2017 06:31PM

I think those were the G500 blanks weren't they? Before the changes they had built tips from what I heard from others. Blanks I'm not sure of, saw lots of G500 blanks in all forms but the salmon/steelhead blanks, I think you got lucky, but they all had the good warranty. Call them. The blanks started with CG than the length in inches than a power letter. N386 was the factory built rod number, they were a 7 ft. 9 in. back bouncer and 8 ft. 6 in. rods from medium power to heavy power.

Date: December 21, 2017 05:55PM

Thank you for the information guys ,

Yes the tip is not available any longer I was hoping maybe someone knew of a place I could get one other than the manufacturer.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: December 21, 2017 06:39PM

The was a guy here in Oregon that had a bunch of Lamiglas blanks in his barn, and built rods. When he past it just sat there, heard someone bought the stock, but I'll have to research it. It was a bit of everything, so no guaranties.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 22, 2017 09:34AM

Jeff,
I believe that the rod you are referring to was an "N386" and then there should have been a "MS", or MHS or MHC or MHCT. I'm not sure there is anyone left there that knows the history and these should easily matched up to the G-1000 series Salmon/Steel blanks.

Regards,

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Date: December 22, 2017 11:40AM

Thanks for the information guys!!!

Spencer if you do happen to find the person who bought the stock of rods my email is jmayfield1958@gmail.com.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster