I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rainshadow Immortal/Revelation inshore popping blanks
Posted by: herb canter (70.40.74.---)
Date: December 19, 2017 10:31PM

Thanks Norm , i was reading into Hot Shot blanks and need to educate myself a little more on them . I have read some comments that the tips are soft but everything else is right up my alley.

Dave, i have 2-6 oz rated blanks , they are listed as medium heavy with that particular manufacturer but like you said a different manufacturer will most likely rate their rods differently . You're right i should just go by the weight the rod is rated for and not MH, ML or H etc.... I understand what you're saying I guess i didn't reveal the weight range i'm looking for , right now it's 3/4 - 2.5 oz and rod length in the 8 to 9 foot range .

I think i have a good idea at this point but may need to make a long drive to the ICRBE if all else fails . I am going to let Tom know that he is going to need to move the ICRBE to my town starting next year because driving to High Point is just too much of a hassle for me , Tom's a kind man so i don't think he'll have a problem with it .

Anyway thanks everybody

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2017 10:35PM by herb canter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 19, 2017 10:40PM

My drive to the ICRBE is about 11 hrs, I stop halfway in Atlanta to visit my brother. It can’t be that much of a hassle for you!
Norm

Date: December 20, 2017 12:44AM

Norman Miller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My drive to the ICRBE is about 11 hrs, I stop
> halfway in Atlanta to visit my brother. It can’t
> be that much of a hassle for you!
> Norm

Given that Tom is always very kind and looking out to help his fellow man i said why not just let Tom know that driving to High Point is just not going to work for me . With Tom's stellar reputation as not only a world renowned custom rod builder but also a legendary human being there's no doubt in my mind he will be exceptionally eager to accommodate me .

I would just prefer future ICRBE events be held close to my location so i can easily walk to the event thats all , it's not like i'm being unreasonable or anything .

Hey Norm , you do know i'm yankin your chain right ?

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 20, 2017 11:35AM

But of course, same with me. It should be a no brainer for you to attend the Expo.
Norm

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: December 20, 2017 03:47PM

Hello Norm & Herb.

The ICRBE is in Winston Salem now and no longer in High Point unless I missed something sense last year.

But the show is always forth going to if you can afford the trip.

For me in W/S its a 5-6hr drive, so its not too bad.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: December 20, 2017 04:27PM

Herb .......... much better knowing the numbers you're looking for. As you have discovered, nothing from Rainshadow fits the specifics you're looking for. Although, as I am sure you've already seen ..... MHX has a surf fishing blank that hits your numbers perfectly.

[www.mudhole.com]

Date: December 20, 2017 10:11PM

David Baylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Herb .......... much better knowing the numbers
> you're looking for. As you have discovered,
> nothing from Rainshadow fits the specifics you're
> looking for. Although, as I am sure you've already
> seen ..... MHX has a surf fishing blank that hits
> your numbers perfectly.
>
> [www.mudhole.com]

That MHX blank does fit what i said i like but i decided to try the Rainshadow Immortal series because it's something i must try and checkout for myself . That series of rod's gets way too much praise for me not to look into it more closely.

It doesn't match exactly what i said my preferences are but i could see it being a superb fluking & speckled trout rod for how i fish for them , sensitivity is what i'm looking for over other attributes so i took advantage of "Get Bit's" free shipping yesterday .

Will report back after checking it out

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: December 21, 2017 04:05PM

I certainly can't blame you for wanting to try one of the Immortal blanks. I'm one that praises them highly, anytime I get the chance.

I'm curious which blank you're going to try from that line up? I've built on the IMMC72MH. It is a stout blank, and very sensitive. And, as long as you don't have a rocket ship 40+ inch muskie hit you at the boat, and keep going under it ... the blank will survive.

Other than that one perfect storm encounter, (I built another exact replacement for that one) I've caught and landed 4 muskies between 32 - 39" (12 - 17 lb fish) a couple of very nice pike in the 15 lb range, and one channel cat in the 10 lb class with the rod built on that blank. It will absolutely move fish like 4 and 5 lb largemouth bass. That particular blank fishes true to its specs. It's an phenomenal blank.

Date: December 21, 2017 05:14PM

I went with the ( IMMP76MH ) , i also might try an 8 foot Revelation when i can since i believe they really are a much better value than the St.Croix's i'm used to using since most everybody seems to say that . I wasn't willing to pay $25.00 more for my favorite SC II blank when i believe the Revelation & especially the Immortals are a higher modulus blank.

I believe the SC II is 33 MSI and the Revelation is in the 43 MSI range . One thing that i know for sure is that higher mod graphite is able to store and release more energy especially if the design & manufacturing techniques are sound , it's not cheap though and i tend to shake my head at rod manufacturers that claim super high modulus materials are being used but the blank price is very very reasonable in cost . Those two rarely go together

Granted manufacturers are allowed to call a rod high mod even if a very small amount of that grade material is used in it's construction.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster