I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Source for rod wrapper rollers
Posted by: Joel Kunz (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2017 07:08PM

Looking for some ball bearing rollers 1.25 to 1.5 inches in diameter. It’s for an Alps wrapper. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Source for rod wrapper rollers
Posted by: Grant Darby (---.prod-infinitum.com.mx)
Date: December 09, 2017 07:18PM

If they are available from Batson's, Utmost Enterprises would be your best bet. Right down the street and actual mailing costs...no handling charges.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: December 09, 2017 08:37PM

These would work. You might have to put a bushing in the middle of the bearing if you wanted to use the same bolt to attach the roller to the rod guides:

[www.amazon.com]

The prices aren't bad at $1.90 per roller.

Then, you would have to locate an appropriate sized rubber O ring to fit in the groove, that may be obtained on line, or at your local hardware store.

===================

You can also do a search on the internet for other possibilities.

Good luck

Date: December 09, 2017 08:47PM

Joel,
If you needed just 4 or 4 rollers for the top roller; I could send them to you for the cost of the postage. I have a bunch of 1 1/2 inch rollers that I put O rings on for a potential use on a wrapper.

Let me know what you need and drop me a line at my E-mail

hflier@comcast.net

p.s.
If you need the rollers, measure the size of the bolt that is currently holding the rollers to your wrapper and I can be sure to send along the appropriate bushings if the bolts are smaller than the holes in the rollers.

Roger

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: December 10, 2017 12:04PM

I used ball-bearing rollers from an old sliding glass shower door for my home-made wrapper/dryer. They have worked fine for 15 years, and they didn't cost a cent except for the O-rings which stretch and fit nicely into the grooves already in the rollers.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: December 10, 2017 12:59PM

Those replacement rollers can be found here:
[www.mudhole.com]

We offer all the other parts for power wrapper too, those parts can be found on the link below:
[www.mudhole.com]

We sell more power wrappers then anyone and have an extensive amount of spare parts. If you need something not listed on the web site, just call us and we will find it for you from our stock or wrapper parts. Happy Wrapping!

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Date: December 10, 2017 07:15PM

[www.amazon.com]

[www.homedepot.com]

[www.google.com]

[capoeirauniao.com]

I don't see the diameter, but if the diameter would work, the pulleys are only about 80 cents each:
[www.overstock.com]

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: December 12, 2017 12:01PM

Grant Darby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If they are available from Batson's, Utmost
> Enterprises would be your best bet. Right down the
> street and actual mailing costs...no handling
> charges.

I second this suggestion. Carol at Upmost could not be more helpful. I even contacted her on her cell phone, (she was at the hospital with her Dad as I recall), and she contacted Batson right then and ordered the request blank. I got it in three days after placing the order; which was amazing, since I live in So. Cal and they are located in Washington!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: December 13, 2017 07:03PM

My apologies for not being on topic. I just wanted to join in the praise of Carol, and the people at Utmost Enterprises.

I needed a new rheostat for my power wrapper. I e mailed Carol after I got home from work, on the 11th. She emailed me back the same day. They didn't have one in stock so she said she'd check with Pac Bay (both Pac Bay and Batson are just down the street) She e mailed me back shortly there after. She had checked with Pac Bay and it was in stock. If I hadn't forgotten to put the expiration date of my credit card in my initial e mail to her, it would have shipped on the 12th.

Sent her the exp date today, it shipped today. If it weren't they time of the year it is, I would expect it Satuday, but with the post office being busy. maybe not.

Be that as it may ...... Utmost is outstanding. If you need Pac Bay or Batson products, IMO they can't be beat.

First class all the way!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster