I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Carbonlite Rods
Posted by: Steven Corvin (---.lightspeed.brhmal.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 07, 2017 09:10AM

Does anyone know what blank, seat and handle BPS uses on their Carbonlite spinning rods.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carbonlite Rods
Date: December 07, 2017 09:12AM

I really like the setup and would like to build a custom real similar.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: December 07, 2017 06:10PM

Steve,
Have you looked at all the sponsor catalogs to the left? SeaGuide to the left has something similar, I believe it's called the XMS, the nut can come from just about any source if you don't like what comes with it. Remember that the feel of that split grip is also dependent on the blank's size, looks like the blank on the BPS rod is pretty large in diameter compared to many blanks used today.

Posted by: Steven Corvin (---.sub-174-223-134.myvzw.com)
Date: December 07, 2017 07:58PM

Thanks Spence, they have the feel of a comfort style seat with a smaller diameter handle than usual compared to blank size.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 07, 2017 09:21PM

I have several carbonlite rods in my broken rod stash. The grips look and feel like a polyurethane core covered with a type of shrink tubing like Batson X- flock shrink tube or a PacBay soft touch SST shrink tube. Should be pretty easy to make by shaping a foam core and covering it with the shrink tubing. The reel seat is similar to the Forecast FCSC split seat. [www.getbitoutdoors.com]
The PacBay Minima and the Alps SRSGC split reel seats are similar except they have a squared end vs an angled end.
If you wish, I can dissect a Carbonlite grip to see what it’s composed of. As far as the the brand of blank used I have no idea. Could probably use some mid level blanks from various manufacturers that fit the specs you wants. Hope this is of some help.
Norm

Posted by: Steven Corvin (---.sub-174-223-129.myvzw.com)
Date: December 07, 2017 09:29PM

Thanks Norm, this gives me a good working idea. They are a good fit for my hand. I'm hoping a comfort grip seat and Winn Grip will be a close fit.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 07, 2017 10:08PM

Winn grips are very popular with the people I build rods for. I have also retro-fitted a bunch of rods with Winn grips. It seems like many of these people like the fit and feel of the Winn MHX rear casting grip, or the 4” Winn casting swell grip. [www.mudhole.com] Both have a little larger diameter rear grip, and I think they will be close to the diameter of the Carbonlite grip. However, some really like the straight taper rear grips, which have a slightly smaller diameter. Choices , choices, and more choices! Good luck with your Carbonlite-like build.
Norm

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 16, 2017 06:00PM

Seems like if I really liked Carbonlite rods that the most efficient way to get one would be to buy one from the high volume producer of them rather than buy all the parts at low volume and build it. I could be fishing instead of building.

Date: December 19, 2017 11:34PM

Then I wouldn't have the satisfaction that makes everyone start doing this lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster