I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Incredible Rod Wrapping Thread from Hitena - Free samples
Posted by: Hitena USA (---.dllstx.fios.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 01, 2017 02:08PM

Hi Everybody,

My name is Gabriel of Hitena. I’m glad we are new sponsor of the forum.

I just wanted to introduce our new rod wrapping thread - STWRAP (pronounced /st?æp/). STWRAP is completely different from the thread you are using now and we’ll guarantee your surprise once you try it.

Let me explain a bit about the background of this product. We are rod builder ourselves. When we started producing our own premium jigging and eging rod ($800~$1,000), we had hard time to find the right wrapping thread up to the task. All the options we had was below our standard and decided to develop a wrapping thread for our own consumption. Since then, we have been asked by rod builders to supply our thread for them and it led us to launch our STWRAP as standalone product for sale. We are already supplying our thread to some of the best rod builders in Japan, UK and USA. We live on the quality and have our pride in producing premium tackles that we want to have in our bags. We don’t have anything like Made in China in our product line-up and we are not competing with them.

STWRAP is,
- TRULY 100% high tensile nylon from our own polymerization and spinning facility
- MOST STRETCHABLE AND ELASTIC THREAD IN THE WORLD with perfect restoration (will stretch much much more than what you have now, and restore back without permanent elongation)
- BEST STRENGTH IN THE WORLD
- ALMOST ZERO COLOR BLEACHING under UV light over time
- Strong tensile strength holds guides firmly but also provides flexibility to hold guides dynamically when rod is bended
- Maintains consistent tension during wrapping
- COMPLETELY ABSORBS EPOXY and leaves almost no bubbles or remains for perfect finish
- NO NEED TO DO EXTRA WORK TO HIDE TERMINATED BUD under the threads when finishing wrapping – bud just disappears into the threads when some mild stretch pull-left is applied just before razor cut, due to high elasticity

Please don’t take my word for it. Try it yourself. We’ll have our STWRAP delivered to your doorstep, you just try it. This event is free and we also pay shipping. There is absolutely no condition attached for this event and there will not be any use of your personal information for advertisement but would be appreciated if you leave honest review in the forum if you desire to. Only one thing we ask is to try our thread yourself but don’t keep it to yourself.

We have only black color of each AA, A, B, C, D, E (Diameter - AA 0.005, A 0.006, B 0.008, C 0.009, D 0.010, E 0.011 inch) available at this moment but we consider producing colored ones if demand is there. Our standard spool is 100, 400 yards which fits into all rod building tools and bobbin holders. We can produce bigger spool or even custom size depending on the order quantity.

We are expecting official sale of our thread at our homepage www.hitenausa.com mid~end November.

- How to get samples
Anybody interested in samples, just send me an email at gabriel@hitenausa.com including followings,

Your Name
Company Name & Address
Delivery address
Sample Size (Choose AA, A, B, C, D, E) you want

- How many
Anybody in hobby level : 1 sample
Custom rod building shop or fishing tackle shop : 2 samples
Distributors : 4 samples
Mass rod manufacturer : Pls contact me separately

- Delivery
We’ll send out samples from 11/13 but might be delayed a while if demand is overwhelming.

- Spread the News!
You can also tell others to contact me for samples, we’ll gladly send our samples to them as well.

For the sample spools, we have both 30 yard and 100 yard and cannot know which one will be sent to you at this moment. It just depends on the availability at the time of shipping. Please understand.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated 11/7 PM : Due to the overwhelming demand, we ran out of some sizes. You can still ask samples but likely to have to wait till next sample shipment which we expect mid~end Dec. Thanks for your interest, Everybody!
Updated 11/9 PM : Our samples are almost out for all sizes. You can still ask but shipment is very likely to be mid Dec
Updated 11/16 AM : Our sample trial event is still going on but from now on we need to ask you to go to our website to order instead of sending me a mail. You can just go to Hitena USA homepage [www.hitenausa.com] and find STWRAP (Sample) under LINE>ROD WRAPPING THREAD menu or just search STWRAP at search box. Though our homepage is still under test run, you can order it from there. When you ask samples of 2 or more, pls don't forget to put in your company (business) name in the delivery address. If you have any specific request, you can also fill in "Other Instructions/Comments" box when you checkout. You will see a message regarding payment processing error - just ignore it and continue. That is because we disabled payment processing. You can just go ahead with guest checkout and we won't ask you to register if you don't want. Shipment is likely to be mid ~ end dec
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2017 11:36AM by Hitena USA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Incredible Rod Wrapping Thread from Hitena - Free samples
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.ip-167-114-118.net)
Date: November 01, 2017 03:40PM

If you want in on the rod building business you will need a lot more than just one color! Colors make the rod building world go 'round. Also it is nice to see so many sizes. I could see myself just using B or C size and nothing else if more companies offered it and in enough colors.

Date: November 01, 2017 03:51PM

Hi Ken,

Appreciate your advice. Understand what you mean. Black is just our first color to start with but not the last.
Thanks.

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: November 01, 2017 05:18PM

Welcome to the forum Gabriel.

Posted by: Hitena USA (47.185.144.---)
Date: November 01, 2017 05:26PM

Thanks for warm welcome Lynn,.

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 01, 2017 05:50PM

Gabriel, welcome! Your thread sounds very interesting. I use a lot of black and will be contacting you for a sample. Looking forward to trying it.
Norm

Date: November 01, 2017 06:10PM

Hi Norman,

Appreciate for you interest. You'll have completely new experience with our thread. Pls contact me..

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2017 08:22PM

AA will be great for fly rods and tipping.I will send info for sample for sure. Thank you Gabriel.

Date: November 01, 2017 09:26PM

Hi David,

I'll arrange AA sample for you.

If you are interested, we have new Fly Tying Thread out by the end of the year. You can easily guess how the quality of this tying thread would be once you have tried our wrapping thread.
Thanks.

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 02, 2017 01:08AM

Gabriel, Thank you for your offer. I would welcome a spool of black size (B). I' m always on the lookout for improvements. Thank you.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Hitena USA (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: November 02, 2017 01:40AM

Hi Dennis,

Sample will be arranged for you. We have mass production and stocking of B thread soon.
Thanks.

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 02, 2017 08:10AM

Please follow the instructions and send an email for your sample. Please do not request it via forum posts. Thanks.

Posted by: Nuno Paulino (---.cpe.netcabo.pt)
Date: November 02, 2017 08:53AM

Welcome to the forum!
Looks interesting.
Will you have a booth on the ICRBE in February?

Posted by: Nuno Paulino (---.cpe.netcabo.pt)
Date: November 02, 2017 08:53AM

Welcome to the forum!
Looks interesting.
Will you have a booth on the ICRBE in February?

Date: November 02, 2017 09:08AM

Hi Nuno,

We are very likely to have a booth at ICRBE but didn't make final decision yet coz we have some other dealer show around that date. We'll make separate announcement once we have decided. We look forward to seeing you there.
Thanks.

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Posted by: David Miller (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: November 02, 2017 01:13PM

Thanks Gabriel,

Wouldn’t mind checking out the fly tying thread as well as the braided fishing line if you come to the ICRBE.

Date: November 02, 2017 02:17PM

Hi David,

We'll carry a bunch of products - hopefully all products we'll be selling in US which is abt 2,500 ~ 3,000 items including braid lines, fly tying thread, terminal tackles, hooks, .. etc. Pls visit our booth, I'm looking forward to showing you all tackles we have in our bag. We only produce premium tackles that is the best in the market. You'll see a lot of items you have never seen before.

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Date: November 03, 2017 11:25AM

Thanks everybody,

Appreciated for your interest. Demand is overwhelming.

By the way, if there is anyone who didn't get my email reply after you sent me a mail, sorry but pls contact me again. I replied all the mails but if there is anyone who didn't get my reply, then I should have missed it out. Just want to make sure everybody get the samples safely.

The event is going on. You can also tell your friends or regular shops to contact me for samples.
Thanks.

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2017 02:16PM by Hitena USA.

Date: November 03, 2017 05:43PM

Hi All,

Forgot to mention that samples can be sent to US addresses only. For those who requested samples from overseas, I'm sorry that I didn't mention it earlier.
Thanks.

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2017 06:18PM by Hitena USA.

Posted by: Rex Mason (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: November 05, 2017 10:43AM

I am always looking for "A Better Mouse Trap"

I will be starting a light action spinning rod for a long time client / friend / fishing buddy about the time your new thread comes out. His thread colors are red & black; his high school colors. I had in mind to make the primary guide wraps in red with black highlights. I am sure I can convince him to be my guinea pig for your thread.

FYI - I am currently courting local fishermen & fisherwomen to make rods with major color components in orange and white to match a local school's athletic colors. I would be interested in white & orange thread in addition to your black. Hopefully you will have enough demand in those colors to put them in your future inventory.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster