I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Duckett repair
Posted by: David DeBruhl (---.dhcp.gnvl.sc.charter.com)
Date: October 10, 2017 07:20PM

I am replacing a broken reduction guide on a Duckett Ghost rod 7' MH casting for a friend. When I search the web to find what was original on this rod , so to be able to closely match, the web has this as a proprietary 316 SS micro guide set with chrome inserts. Size for this second guide measures to be ring size of 5.5. Height measurement is 7.5 mm. I can't find anything from multiple sites that is a close match. Also, the thread is a color that is a sand color. Have any of you had any experience with this brand rod to recommend a color and a similar guide. Thanks in advance,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Duckett repair
Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: October 11, 2017 11:28AM

David,

You might give Duckett a call and ask them for help. I am sure they will tell you about voiding the warranty and all. I have given Gary Dobyns a call a couple of times and they have sent me replacement guides, (include matching thread), at no charge, not even shipping charges. I was simple amazed!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Robert Tanner (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: October 11, 2017 01:29PM

I think A.T. has their guides.............

Posted by: Robert Tanner (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: October 11, 2017 01:29PM

I think A.T. has their guides.............

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 12, 2017 01:01AM

Kigan are the guides your looking for. go to the HYDRA website. Duckett rods are mentioned as being a user of their guides. Go to the KIGAN website for complete info on these guides.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 01:06AM by Dennis Danku.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 12, 2017 10:58AM

I think your closest match for the guide will be the new PacBay Minima guides that have just come out with a 316 SS frame and hard chrome insert. From the height and ring ID sizes may be a size 6 F guide. [www.mudhole.com]
Norm

Posted by: David DeBruhl (170.7.248.---)
Date: October 13, 2017 11:06AM

Thanks Donald for the info. I called Duckett and they are sending me out the guide (free of charge) and also let me know the thread color and from where to order from with the SKU. Good to know for any future repairs. Thanks again to all.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 13, 2017 06:35PM

David just curious since I have repaired a fair number of Ducket rods, what brand of thread did they tell you they use, Also was it the gray thread ?

Posted by: David DeBruhl (---.sub-174-195-140.myvzw.com)
Date: October 13, 2017 07:52PM

Silver Shiner #813 fro Mudhole

Date: October 14, 2017 07:56PM

Thanks that is exactly what I use too.

Date: October 14, 2017 07:56PM

Thanks that is exactly what I use too.

Posted by: Steve Chontos (---.delta.com)
Date: October 17, 2017 04:45AM

Recently I took in 2 different Duckett Rods for repair and I called them inquiring about the guides I needed. The very nice lady told me that they would supply the rod owner with the new guides if asked, and then she asked me about my repair business. She asked if she could add me to their list of confirmed builders and repair stations, and she told me she would send me the guides I needed. Well a short time later 2 complete sets of guides including tip tops came in the mail. I would say that I have repaired more Duckett Rods than any other brand rod out there. My experience with Duckett has been very good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster