I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

inexpensive graphite blanks
Posted by: lee reed (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: September 03, 2017 09:13PM

looking for a good light inexpensive blank to build a catfish backbounceing rod on.something in a heavy,fast action.7'3-7'10.ive built a few rods but nothing like this yet and prefer not to screw up a $150 blank on my first one.thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: inexpensive graphite blanks
Date: September 03, 2017 09:15PM

forgot to mention this will be held all day so lighter the weight the better but durable.

Posted by: John DeMartini (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: September 03, 2017 11:02PM

Look at the CRB series from Mud Hole. I have two that are my primary rods. Wouldn't fish without them.

Good Luck

John

Date: September 04, 2017 08:51AM

ok,thank you

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 04, 2017 09:27AM

Yep Look at the Gator series, [www.mudhole.com]

Date: September 04, 2017 01:09PM

gator blanks are way heavier than im needing or wanting.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 04, 2017 01:45PM

How about MHX flipping/pitching blanks. An extremely good deal for the money.
[www.mudhole.com]
Norm

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: September 04, 2017 05:18PM

It depends on what size fish you are targeting and how much weight is needed in the current/depth you are fishing. I have a Rod Geeks X Comp 733 that I use for catfish,light enough to hold for a long time and very durable. If I was looking for carbon fiber rod I would check out the Lamiglas infinity 12-25 on closeout at Anglers Workshop for $68 which is a deal for a USA blank, or if needing more power the 76xhf Rod Geeks inshore or even heavier the American Tackle Bushido LS76 20-40lb.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 10:56PM by David Miller.

Posted by: Grant Darby (---.wavecable.com)
Date: September 04, 2017 11:51PM

Just call Utmost, they have this stuff all the time, might be a no name blank, but always from a major manufacturer. Just saw a bin of blanks that were an inch shorter then specd...... $12.00 ea, less for more. Shipping is just right as well.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: September 05, 2017 07:25AM

Lee:
Pick up this blank:

[www.basspro.com]

This blank comes complete with grip, reel seat and guides. If you don't like any of the equipment, cut them off, and wrap on your own equipment. Very inexpensive and very durable.

Over the years, I have stripped a lot of completed rods, and rebuilt them to get the blank that I wanted along with the grip, reel seat and guides that I wanted on the finished rod.

Good luck

Posted by: David Miller (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: September 05, 2017 09:24AM

Cosmetic blemish blanks can be picked up on the cheap. I bought some high quality blanks that would retail for $120 each for less than $20 each just because they have a slight bend going near the tip or the paint job was off, not enough for most eyes to notice and certainly not the fish.

Date: September 05, 2017 01:57PM

whered ya find those?

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 06, 2017 07:29AM

[www.utmostenterprises.com] Call them tell them you need a catfish blank what size fish you're targeting, What weight sinker and bait and line size, You're using and you want carbon fiber and ask if they have any seconds or blems they will hook you up. Or here and get tip for it as well, these are the Heavy [www.mudhole.com] And the Medium [www.mudhole.com] again get a tip for them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2017 07:50AM by Jay Dubay.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster