I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bill Stevens
Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 03, 2017 02:32AM

Rest in Peace Sir, Spoke with you at Several Expo's, Extremly knowageable about all phases of Rod Building . Also A Very Funny Person

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 03, 2017 10:37AM

my heart is broke!
I truly loved Bill.
I was saddened when he stepped back from rod building, We spent days and weeks communicating, some times every day of the week about Micro guides and many other aspects of rod building.
Bill did not like to boast of his accomplishments or intelligence, preferring to be thought of as (in his words) "a dumb ass Coon ass Cajun". but I would like to share a few

He had a PHD in metallurgy
A Photo graphic memory
An astounding IQ.
Before retiring he was in charge of marketing for DuPont corporation, and used that knowledge to educate rod builders on how to market their products.
The seminar he did on that subject at ICRB expo is in my opinion: THe best most informative seminar I'd ever had the privilege to attend in the last 13 years.

He spent much time teaching me how to effectively communicate and present viable ideas and thoughts on rod building with others who had different opinions on the subject.

good by my friend

Posted by: Bert Nagy (---.dhcp.gsvl.ga.charter.com)
Date: September 03, 2017 09:27PM

Sorry to hear this. Bill was a great knowledgeable guy. Enjoyed the ICRBEs talking with him.

Bert Nagy

Sorry to hear this. Bill was a great knowledgeable guy. Enjoyed the ICRBEs talking with him.

Bert Nagy

Bert Nagy

Posted by: Steve Chontos (---.delta.com)
Date: September 04, 2017 01:35AM

Sorry to hear this Lance, thanks for posting. I was lucky to meet Bill and speak with him a couple times. But I followed every post he made and I learned so much. Rest In Peace my friend

Posted by: Dennis Papike (---.broadband.oakhurst.sti.net)
Date: September 04, 2017 07:47PM

Rest in Peace Bill !!! The industry lost a valuable asset .

Posted by: Richard Forhan (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 04, 2017 10:30PM

I talked with Bill many times. He was a behind the scenes catalyst in so many areas of rod building. His sense of humor will be sorely missed. When I stopped building for sale, he bailed me out by building many tournament rods for a certain Bass Pro. He was in on everything in bass rods.

I talked to him several times after his wife passed, he was inconsolable . It would take a book to cover all his stories and impact on rod building. There are several amazing builders here that can match his helpfull knowledge level, but none that can match his playfull sense of humor. He was unique and his spirit will live on in many of us. We would all do well to be as fondly remembered .

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.opg.com)
Date: September 05, 2017 09:59AM

Bill and I would talk quite a bit about the Micro guides and how the originals were pulling out under stress. I tried to talk to him after his wife's passing but he had lost all interest in life and anyone. I do miss his wit
Bill I hope for your sake that there is a afterlife and you are with the love of your life.
Rest in Peace Bill. You will be missed.

Thank you for the information Lance.

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Posted by: Larry Laurent (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: September 12, 2017 05:27PM

Bill taught me so much about building rods. He was so happy to teach me too, he really enjoyed it. I was blessed to live and work near his house, so it was easy to drop by.
He was so sad after his wife died. I always worried what would happen to him if his dog "Pi" was not in the picture anymore.
He will be truly missed.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster