Goto: Forum List•Message List•New Topic•Search•Log In Or Register•Print View
Butt Wraps - Thinking outside the 'box'
Posted by: Mike Estes (---.sub-72-104-105.myvzw.com)
Date: August 05, 2017 06:03PM
Ever think about other areas/items that might benefit from some type of fancy wrap? Here are a few that I can think of:
1) Fishing - How about net handles? How about Gaff handles? How about boat hook handles? How about thread burnishers? Take a piece of scrap rod, wrap some fancy thread on what would be the hand hold area then cut to whatever size would be comfortable.
2) Got a friend that ties flies? Make them a set of bodkins using the same procedure as for the burnishers Once you cut them to length epoxy a sewing needle in to the 'work end'.
3) Teachers - maybe a pointer stick with a fancy wrap would be a nice gift.
4) Golf - Putters ( I did one of mine just below the grip going down the shaft about 6-8 inches) You could do the other clubs too but they take a lot more abuse when they hit the ball. Putters were a safe bet.
5) Know someone that uses a cane?
6) How about a walking stick for someone that hikes as a hobby and is using a tree limb as a stick?
7) Cue sticks for someone that plays pool?
These are a few areas that might expand the hobby and especially for those of you that wrap as a business. Just some thoughts from a retired 'wrapper.'
Re: Butt Wraps - Thinking outside the 'box'
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 05, 2017 09:25PM
If you check out the photo page you'll see all that and wine glass stems, pens, etc.