I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Guide Spacing G.Loomis NRX Scandi
Posted by: Karlfriedrich Sattmann (---.adsl.highway.telekom.at)
Date: July 02, 2017 02:51PM

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and want to build my first rod. This is a 12'6" CTS blank. Can anyone give me the Guide Spacing and the ring size of the G.Loomis NRX Scandi (Item # 12106-01)?

With best thanks in advance
Karlfriedrich

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guide Spacing G.Loomis NRX Scandi
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: July 02, 2017 03:27PM

Karl -
One can certainly get the ring size and spacing by going to a fishing rod store and checking the Loomis rod that is in stock.

----------
However -
----------

You indicated that this is your first rod. It appears that even the CTS blank is a $250 blank which will lead to you spending over $350 to get this rod built.

Mots folks - including myself - would recommend building a much less expensive rod for their first rod build.

Unless you are going to build this rod under the guidance of a master rod builder, there is a high probability of making a mistake that could seriously affect the new rod.

You can fine materials and kits such that you can build a complete rod for $100 or so. For most folks this would be a much better price point to practice on to develop their rod building techniques, rather than attempting such an expensive rod as their first build.

Good luck on any decision that you make.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.triad.rr.com)
Date: July 02, 2017 06:17PM

I have seen first rod builds where everything went absolutely perfect...but still...I would never recommend this project as a #1.

Get one or two under your belt before moving to the CTS.

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: July 02, 2017 07:23PM

hi karlfriedrich, go for it. it,s just a fishing rod..you,ll do just fine.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: July 02, 2017 08:49PM

If it was me I wouldn't use the specs off another brand rod when I can possibly get the specs from the person who developed the first spey and switch rods with CTS and as far as I know still use them today.
R. B. Meiser, he has a very informative website and a wealth of knowledge. He has helped me many times. He makes some fantastic lines for the CTS rods for instance.
Be advised Independence Day for the US is Tuesday July 4th and since his is a small independent shop he may be on the water over this weekend and into the week, I know I would be in his place living on one of the great salmon and steelhead rivers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster