I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thank You, Mud Hole
Posted by: Mark Talmo (---.dsl.lsan03.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 03, 2017 12:13PM

Since beginning about a year ago, I have purchased the majority of rod building supplies from Mud Hole, simply because they were the first company discovered with such a vast inventory. The employees are pleasant and helpful, prices seem fair = similar to others, I was pleased except for one aspect; their shipping was pathetically horrible = expensive (unless able to take advantage of free shipping on orders over $150.00) but even more frustrating was the excessive delivery time, in one case almost two weeks. I expressed my frustration and dissatisfaction with their shipping manager and was disappointed with the outcome of that conversation.
Please note my use of the past-tense “Was”. My last order was received in 4 days. THANK YOU, MUD HOLE!!! Hopefully we will all be able to continue benefiting from your new shipping standards. It is very much appreciated!!!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank You, Mud Hole
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 03, 2017 12:55PM

Hi Mark

We truly appreciate your business, and hope to exceed your expectations moving forward.

Also wanted to let you know we have free shipping on orders over $55 this week

[www.mudhole.com]

Thanks again, and please let us know if we can be of service.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 03, 2017 08:19PM

Mark, I'm in Mich, And I'm really not convinced it's a Mud Hole issue, Whenever I place an order for Anything that ships out of Florida, You have to plan on extra days for your shipping time for some reason ?? I have the Same problem with orders out of Texas,?? Tracking numbers just seem to stall in these states, Sometimes for days, I truly believe It's {lack} of USPS and UPS shipping terminals in these states or Lazy Employees ??? I place a lot of orders all over the US and these two states are the Worst without a doubt. Jaa

Date: May 04, 2017 02:05AM

Jay,
While all that may be true, there are certain shipping programs available between the shipper and business which are geared more towards saving the business money than accommodating the ultimate customer. One way or the other, I got my last order from Mud Hole in an acceptable amount of time and I am happier than a pig in slop. I just hope it was not a fluke.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Richard Kline (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 04, 2017 07:30AM

Mark:
I am a Custom Rod builder from New Jersey and have been using the Mud Hole for a long long time, most orders arrive in 1 week, but more important the material ordered is always correct and if there is a problem with the order it is corrected immediately.

Rich Kline Custom Rods

Rich Kline CR

Posted by: Ray Zarychta (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: May 04, 2017 08:02AM

Here in the northeast (CT) I cannot ever remember a shipping time issue from Mudhole in the last 10+ years.

Ray Zarychta
Glastonbury, CT

Posted by: philip hardy (62.189.28.---)
Date: May 04, 2017 09:43AM

Have to say always had/have great service from Mud hole all the way over here in the UK.
Other companies could/should learn from them.
Phil.

Date: May 04, 2017 11:17AM

So Cal is not that much further than the upper other coast from Florida to explain excessive additional shipping time, hence my frustration. But Mud Hole got it right on my last order and I felt they deserved recognition of appreciation, admittedly in hopes it will continue. Jay may be correct. Maybe people in Florida dislike those in Michigan and California. I also straighten racing go kart axles and have shipped them (via FedEx) across the country and Canada with never more than 3 transit days required. One way or the other, 9 to 13 days to receive an order is unacceptable. @#$%&, I can receive things from China quicker than that and with free shipping as well.

Mark Talmo

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 04, 2017 11:30AM

Once the package is in the hands of the shipper, the seller has no control on how long it takes to get to the destination. Maybe you should be complaining about the shipper, rather than the seller. Just my thought on this.
Norm

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 04, 2017 11:49AM

I am located in California and order most of my supplies from Mudhole. If I order rod building components, other than a blank, Mudhole will most likely ship the order through UPS. In the last year, or so, I have noticed that UPS drops the shipment off with the USPS, which ultimately deliveries the shipment. This process has added at least one or two more days before I receive the shipment....bummer! I don't know when UPS started using the USPS to make the final delivery; but, it has slowed down the delivery service.

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Ken Brown 2 (---.115.230.21.res-cmts.mtp2.ptd.net)
Date: May 04, 2017 12:20PM

I would agree with Mudhole not having the shipping issue. It is definitely UPS that hinders the shipping. I live in a rural area where UPS sometimes delivers to my door. In 99% of my shipments, it is the sure post crap where they drop it off at the USPS. This is an additional 2 days for no good reason!! I would get expedited shipping, but I dont see the point in doubling my $ spent just to get it a bit faster..

Date: May 05, 2017 01:07AM

Norman,
This (shipping issue) may be one of those rare exceptions where I beg to differ with you. Shippers have numerous “plans” to entice businesses to use them. More often than naught, those “plans” are geared to saving the business money rather than expediting the actual shipping. These “plans” involve holding packages at origin destinations until an adequate (cost-effective) number of other packages are headed toward the same, final destination.

Mark Talmo

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 05, 2017 11:33AM

Standard shipping rate is the same whether you live in California or Mississippi, or New Jersey or Michigan. Some get their packages in a timely manner other do not. Not the Sellers fault. If you want faster delivery you might have to ask for expedited shipping and pay extra. I rarely buy less than $150 per order, so I get free shipping, which I assume is the lowest rate possible and I still get my orders within 3 - 4 days from Mudhole. These shipping times are similar to shipping times from other Distributors I buy from.
Norm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster