I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

FINWICK LUNKERSTICK
Posted by: Charles Kees (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 01, 2017 07:14PM

I HAVE AN OLD 6 FT FINWICK LUNKERSTICK WITH A PISTOL GRIP AND I WANT TO REBUILD IT WITH A STRAIGHT CORK HANDEL. CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND A REPLACEMENT HANDEL AND WHAT MEASUREMENTS TO GET THE CORRECT ONE.
THANKS
SCOOTERKEES

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FINWICK LUNKERSTICK
Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 01, 2017 09:42PM

Check the library topics for extending rod blanks.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Matthew Pitrowski (---.lightspeed.milwwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 01, 2017 10:02PM

is the pistol grip handle removable from the rod ?? if so you would have to remove the Ferrule and then extend the blank about 12 inches either with a piece of blank inserted to the end at a minimum of 3 inches 5 - 6 inches would be ideal glue with epoxy. let it cure and order the handle components butt grip seat and fore grip assemble and re wrap the guides and you set

Here is the link to the library article on blank extending [www.rodbuilding.org]

The best day to be alive is always tomorrow !!
Think out side the box when all else fails !!!
Wi.

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---.dsl.lsan03.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 03, 2017 01:14AM

Excuse my ignorance, but I have never heard of a “Fenwick Lunkerstick”. That being said and solely because of the name, now I simply have to have one!!!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Claude Iler (---.lightspeed.gnvlsc.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 02, 2017 10:06AM

Common rod many years ago, I had , they were brown and had Lew's pistol grips and I put Lew's speed spools on mine.I caught a lot of flounder and channel bass with them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster