I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Updated CCS Database Tool
Posted by: Gib Portwood (---.lightspeed.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 07, 2017 12:41PM

All,

Here is the link to the spreadsheet with corrected numbers: [1drv.ms]

A page should open and you can see and navigate through the workbook. Near the top right of the screen should be three dots [...] If you click on that, a new list should appear with a button to download the spreadsheet to your computer.

Unless someone has a better way of disseminating the workbook as updates occur, I will continue to utilize new messages here to inform you of changes/additions.

The spreadsheet opens on the "Directions" tab. You will see some notes on the workbook in general, notes for the "Database" tab, notes for the "Calculator" tab, and two big red buttons to take you directly to the database or calculator. You can also navigate via the tabs at the bottom of each sheet. Printing formats are already set to 1 page wide.

NOTE: I have most of the cells protected so you cannot access them. This is to protect the data in the worksheet and make it easier for you to use. Do not think something is wrong when you cannot access something the way you normally do. The cells you need to use are available for you to access.

If you have CCS data to add to the database, please email that to me at wportwood@mac.com. It would be nice if, in addition to the CCS data, you also measured the standard measurements provided by the manufacturer (length, weight, butt & tip measurements) just as a way to verify what is given and also to measure variability among the blanks sold. For now, everything is based off of a blank only. If needed, we can make a separate page for CCS data on completed rods.

Please send me any and all CCS data you have--even if the blank is listed here already. In my mind, the search feature in the spreadsheet will improve from what is there now, and we will have the ability to list multiple CCS measurements of the same blank in a way that shows how many data points we have as well as the different measurements taken by each report.

Future updates of the workbook will be published here on RodMaker.org, in a new thread titled accordingly.

I hope you all like the workbook, and come up with good ideas on how it can be improved. Most importantly, I hope you send me more information to populate the database!

Thanks,
Gib

Father to William (15 yrs), who I hope has found his passion in custom rod building!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Updated CCS Database Tool
Posted by: Gib Portwood (---.lightspeed.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 07, 2017 01:08PM

One other thing I'll throw out there is, I'm willing to create a similar tool for guides if enough people are interested. Something that lists each guide and provides Inside Ring Diameter, overall height, length, and weight... plus any other metrics people are interested in.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Gib

Father to William (15 yrs), who I hope has found his passion in custom rod building!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster