I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFC CCS / RDA INFO
Posted by: Mark Hogquist (---.spok.qwest.net)
Date: March 25, 2017 02:33PM

Hey folks. I'm looking for measurements on any of the following models, HM Or IM. MB702, MB703, MB704, SJ704. I believe I recall this information being ready available, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anything you have would be most appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC CCS / RDA INFO
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2017 10:30PM

Gary Loomis had a CC to ERN table on his site at one time that went higher than any other I've seen, as far as actually measuring all his blanks, that's a bit fuzzy, I don't remember that. Not a big fan of the RDA system as it was presented to me, not as precise or, well out as the CC system to my way of thinking.

Posted by: Mark Hogquist (---.spok.qwest.net)
Date: March 26, 2017 02:15AM

I found what I was after. Next blank up - NFC MB664 HM

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 26, 2017 08:20AM

The "RDA" is mostly just the CCS "Big Picture." Only meant for comparing specific lengths/sections of a rod blank.

The NFC chart is in the online library here. But it doesn't list blanks, only the conversions between data mediums. Good chart, nonetheless.

A few weeks back someone posted a link to a CCS database of various rod blanks. You might do a search and find it. I forget what the thread topic was.

Posted by: jim spooner (---.direcpc.com)
Date: March 26, 2017 01:04PM

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 26, 2017 03:12PM

Just measured my NFC HM MB 704-1 blank. Intrinsic power of 218 cents or 545 gm. This gives an ERN of 19.21. The tip size on this blank is a size larger than advertised. Do not trust my AA measurements so did not do it. Hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2017 03:37PM by Norman Miller.

Posted by: robert kravic (---.sub-174-232-0.myvzw.com)
Date: March 31, 2017 03:06PM

Any suggestions for an nfc hm jerkbait / rico blank as I'm not that familiar with them

Posted by: Mark Hogquist (107.77.97.---)
Date: April 02, 2017 07:39PM

Norman Miller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just measured my NFC HM MB 704-1 blank. Intrinsic
> power of 218 cents or 545 gm. This gives an ERN of
> 19.21. The tip size on this blank is a size
> larger than advertised. Do not trust my AA
> measurements so did not do it. Hope this helps.

Sounds about right. The 664mb hm has an ERN of 19.88.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster