I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Visit to the US
Posted by: Brendan Moore (1.132.96.---)
Date: March 21, 2017 10:14PM

Hello to all. I am a hobby rod builder from Queensland Australia and my wife and I are going to visit the US in June and early July this year. I have enjoyed and benefitted greatly from the questions and answers from this forum- thank you one and all.
I would like to ask your advise on adding in some rod building experiences for my trip. We are going to visit the east coast from New York down to Florida during June before heading back to Cooperstown NY for a friends wedding in early July. We haven't set a hard and fast intinerary yet .
Please let me know your suggestions on what rod building places we should visit, general fishing experiences and if there are any rod building events on in June. If you have any other advise I would welcome that as well. I hope to be able to go fishing during my visit so if you have any recommendations on places, charters etc that would be wonderful.
Thank you and regards
Brendan Moore

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Visit to the US
Posted by: Thomas F. Thornhill (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: March 21, 2017 10:20PM

Brendan

I would suggest that you contact Billy Vivona of the NERBS and see if you could possibly attend one of his meetings.

Date: March 21, 2017 10:26PM

Thank you- will do

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: March 22, 2017 07:10AM

Absolutely contact Billy. The group meetings he coordinates are FILLED with great ideas from a variety of builders.

Date: March 22, 2017 08:52AM

Thanks Ken, I have contacted Billy and intend on visiting his shop. And probably will spend heaps on eva and thread!

Posted by: Bill Hickey (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2017 08:54AM

Brendan,
The Village of Cooperstown is a great place in NY to visit. It is a small, well cared for village. The Baseball Hall of Fame is a must see if your into sports. Otsego Lake is a good fishery with both warm water and cold water species of fish. Right in the village, the lake flows over a dam, the start of the Susquehanna River, below that dam and below the next dam downriver is some great small mouth bass fishing, there are access points for the public and some of the river can be wade fished.

NYS DEC Fishing Web Page can provide you some info on that area.

Enjoy.

Posted by: Robert Tanner (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 22, 2017 11:13AM

In Florida go to Mud Hole it is in Oviedo 400 Kane Ct. 32765................

Posted by: Robert Tanner (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 22, 2017 11:13AM

In Florida go to Mud Hole it is in Oviedo 400 Kane Ct. 32765................

Date: March 22, 2017 05:03PM

Thanks Bill and Robert, I will have a few days in Cooperstown so it sounds like I will have a good chance of going fishing. Thanks for the information.
I have bought some gear online from Mudhole and would love to see their range in person. I don't have anywhere here that I can go and look at components.

Posted by: Alex Weissman (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 23, 2017 08:46AM

Besides Mudhole, Get Bit is close by there. They have bunches of stuff also.

Date: March 23, 2017 10:51PM

Thanks Alex, I'll go and check them out also

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster