I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Anyone know a blank that matches?
Posted by: jon edwards (---.lightspeed.wpbhfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 09, 2017 08:46PM

So I'm looking for a blank and I thought I found the one but it isn't quite right. I have been looking at the rainshadow judge blank and I like it but need it in a heavy not light.

JDGLB810L-CG Clear Gloss 8'10" 1 15-30lb. 3/4-3oz. 0.760 7.0 Fast Light 6.4oz. Saltwater Flyline (Freeline) Anchovie

That is the blank. I would like to have something in that size (as close to 9' as possible can be a little under or over) but a heavy power. Can be 15-30 or 20-40 or so but I need the 1/2 - 3/4 / 3oz bait weight. So does anyone know a blank comparable to this one? Would be good if it's in the $200 or less range preferably, but if not that is ok too.

The only thing that matters to me is the length (1 piece), lure weight, fast or extra fast action and heavy power. Would like to keep it up there with the 15-30 or 20-40 range, but I'm a bit open on that as long as it meets the other parts.

Thanks everyone!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone know a blank that matches?
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 09, 2017 10:18PM

Might look at some of the surf plug rod blanks, 9 ft. usually in the 15-40 lb. line class and 1-3 oz. casting lure weight. Sound about right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 10:20PM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: jon edwards (---.lightspeed.wpbhfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 09, 2017 11:36PM

That sounds awesome i didnt think about surf blanks, thanks!

Posted by: Nick Lam (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2017 12:13AM

They have that blank in ML and M powers, if you're interested. Otherwise Calstar GF900M, Calstar BTG690J, United Composites CE900Mega or CE900Monster.

If you like the narrow, slim blanks, United Composites will probably be the closest to what you want.

Good luck

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (172.56.42.---)
Date: March 10, 2017 10:19AM

Mudhole has the Lamiglas GSB108-1M, all graphite blank in your price range, I've been using one for about 15 years now.

Posted by: jon edwards (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: March 10, 2017 02:26PM

Thanks, that blank is exactly what i am looking for! Appreciate it very much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster