I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

LIBERTY - BATTLE OF THE BUILDS - WINNERS!!
Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: February 23, 2017 05:13PM

A huge thank you goes out to all the rod builders who contributed to the Liberty Battle of the Builds!! 46 amazing custom rods were built and donated to well deserving veterans. 26 Were on display at the ICRBE, Mr. Ollie Hughes, national spokesperson for Heroes on the Water was gracious enough to speak at the reception and share with us the core of what Heroes on the Water does... they 'Save Souls'. Absolutely Awesome!

The Soldiers/Veterans are the real winners, these rods will help them enjoy their time outdoors and no doubt give them an added sense of pride when using them. From relatively new builders to seasoned pros, all rods donated will make and have already made a difference in the lives of these veterans. I received a string of texts from Ollie the morning after the reception where we handed him the rods to take to the soldiers... He was overwhelmed with what the rod building community had done for their members. He knows what it takes to lift their member's spirits and told me he couldn't help but feel like Santa Claus as he looked forward to handing these rods to the individuals they were built for.

THANK YOU for being such an awesome group of individuals. This industry is Blessed with amazing people with huge hearts, you showed it and you delivered!! If you are interested in participating please send me an email, kevin@getbitoutdoors.com and I will add you to the list for next year. We are aiming for 100 rods to be donated to 100 veterans, with your help it can be done!

Thank you to Batson Enterprises for donating $150 in gift certificates, U-40 Epoxies and Cork 4 Us for donating prize packs, along with Get Bit Outdoors and Liberty American Made Rod Blanks for sponsoring the Battle.

To all who participated, please remind us to include your Liberty Battle of Builds Shirt with your next order. You will also be receiving $20 gift cards from Get Bit Outdoors as our way of saying thank you to all who participated.

Congrats to Arnot Hulth for winning the Veterans/Soldiers Vote!! This rod is unbelievable!!

Congrats to Scott Smith for winning the People's Vote! Super Sharp Build!!

Congrats to Dan Thompson for winning the drawing! At only 13 years old this young man is ahead of his years both as a builder and an individual. When most kids are playing x-box, Dan donated his time and $ to build a rod for a veteran...How Awesome is that!

Here is a link to our facebook page with a few pictures of the rods and trophies, please add any photos you'd like to share. [www.facebook.com]

Thank you again!!!!

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 11:08AM by Get Bit Outdoors.Com.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LIBERTY - BATTLE OF THE BUILDS - WINNERS!!
Posted by: Arnot Hulth (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 24, 2017 09:20AM

I want to encourage folks to enter into this next year. It's a wonderful cause and run by passionate people. When Ollie Hughes spoke about the the event and what it meant to those who would be receiving the rods that were built, it was very moving, and apparent to everyone there how important this small gift of gratitude is to those injured in the line of duty. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in such a great event!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 09:22AM by Arnot Hulth.

duplicate post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 09:22AM by Arnot Hulth.

triplicate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 09:21AM by Arnot Hulth.

Date: February 24, 2017 11:05AM

You are correct Arnot, these are way more than fishing rods, they are tools that will uplift these soldiers. Thank you again to all who participated, please remind us to include your Liberty Battle of Builds Shirt with your next order.

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Posted by: Ernie E Swanson (---.open.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: February 24, 2017 05:41PM

It was a fun build and a great cause. Thanks to all who made it possible. I will be doing again next year for sure.

Ernie

Posted by: Paul Wood (---.sub-174-233-137.myvzw.com)
Date: February 25, 2017 10:27PM

I contacted Kevin yesterday to be included in next year's event, and learned that a few veterans missed out this year. If you're looking for an excuse to give your wife to spend more time at the bench, drop Kevin an email. I was humbled by the veteran I spoke to today who thought he missed out this year...humbled. Great cause, and it's not too late!

Date: February 27, 2017 12:19PM

That is awesome Paul! Thank you so much for stepping in!

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster