I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

"The Judge" crankbait blank from Rainshadow
Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: February 04, 2017 07:44AM

Are they available yet? Anyone seen any pricing for them yet?

And most importantly ..... anyone know somewhere that sells them?

I'm wondering if Utmost can get them?

Thanks for any information you folks can provide

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "The Judge" crankbait blank from Rainshadow
Posted by: Robert Tanner (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: February 04, 2017 08:22AM

David, try Get Bit Outdoors they will take care of you...

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (107.77.89.---)
Date: February 04, 2017 11:02AM

David if you get a hold of some please give us your impression I am in the need for a few new cranking rods this year and have it down to the judge or the legend glass from st croicx.

Posted by: Grant Darby (---.prod-infinitum.com.mx)
Date: February 04, 2017 11:25AM

Utmost can get you anything that Batson Enterprises has in stock. And most likley get it out to you the day after you order it, and at postal rates. Call Carol....good peeps there at Utmost.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (107.77.89.---)
Date: February 04, 2017 01:07PM

Grant when last I checked with my supplier batson was unsure as to the arrival of those blanks. It has been a while though as to when I last checked on their status

Tom

Date: February 05, 2017 01:48AM

Hey guys, thanks for the responses, they are all very much appreciated.

Robert, I saw that Get Bit has the live bait blanks in The Judge series available. My guess is that the pricing for the crankbait blanks will probably be similar to the live bait series of blanks, but won't know until I see some actual prices. I'll keep your recomendation of Get Bit in mind.

Thomas, I'll post some information on pricing and availability when I can find some. I'll be sending Carol an e mail on Monday to see what she has to say. And I'll definitely post my impressions of the blank when and if I lay my hands on one.

There's a very good possibility I'll be fishing a two day late summer tournament on Kentucky Lake. If so, I'm definitely going to need a crankbait rod that can throw those over sized 8 and 10 XDs. I'm thinking the Judge will be just the ticket.

Thanks again guys. Very much appreciated.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 05, 2017 09:14AM

Contact Batson directly and ask them when they are going to release these ccrankbait blanks. I am sure many going to the expo will ask.

Norm

Date: February 08, 2017 09:13AM

Ok ........ as usual Carol at Utmost is on her game. I sent her an e mail Monday at about noon my time (I'm in Ohio) and even though she was working from home on Monday because they had snow, she got back to me before 4 o'clock my time. I'd call that quick, but nothing unusual for her and the people at Utmost.

Anyhow ... she called Batson, and Batson has "The Judge" crankbait blanks in stock. At least the blank I was interested in. Retail price for the 7' blank rated for 5/8 - 2 oz baits, and 15 - 30# line is 117.43. Not a bad price for a blank that is supposed to be the cats meow of crankbait blanks.

Even though I won't be needing to build a crankbait rod for a while, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of the blanks before the week is out. The ONLY thing I have any trepidation about is the tip size. The smallest ringed tip top I can find with a 7.5 tube, has a #7 ring. I know it's probably not a big deal to everyone ...... but I like my runners and tip top to have the same size ring. NO WAY am I using #7's as running guides. LOL

I'll use #5's for runners ....... I just won't look at the end of the rod. LOL

Anyhow ........ just thought I'd post that Batson has the crankbait blanks in stock. Surprised nobody is listing them on their web sites?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2017 09:15AM by David Baylor.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (107.77.83.---)
Date: February 08, 2017 11:48AM

David, that is good to hear. The only bad part is I'm gonna have to build more rods. Have a dozen going right now that I'm hoping to finish up before the weekend if I don't run out of parts first

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster