I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFC BLANK special AT 50 and 70% off? Hmmm
Posted by: Roger Pascual (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2017 09:37PM

So when a deal sounds too good to be true, there is always some sort of catch to it. Getbit just sent out an email regarding this special. Are they goIng got to stop carrrying NFC blanks? Or if NFC folding due to the bankruptcy? A couple reliable sources tell me to be careful about building on NFC Blanks because of the possibility or warranty issues due to the bankruptcy. Any thoughts from anyone who may be more fismiliar with this situation? Maybe Kevin from Get bit can chime in??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC BLANK special AT 50 and 70% off? Hmmm
Posted by: Rick Elrod (184.63.184.---)
Date: February 02, 2017 09:56PM

Looks like you must buy one full priced to get the discount on the second one.

Rick

Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: February 02, 2017 10:32PM

Warranty issues...I'll knock on wood as I type this, but have never needed to file a warranty claim. Have had several of my builds break, but always because of something other than a defect in the blank. Not speaking about NFC, specifically, though.

Posted by: Roger Pascual (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2017 10:38PM

Yes I am aware of the buy one and get one at 50% off as well as 70% off. Still a good deal. But if the company goes south and a blank breaks, I would hate to tell my customers sorry no warranty...

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2017 12:00AM

Getting 50, or 70% off wouldn't you expect a reduction in warranty? After all it's all part of the business model when they select the original MSRP.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 03, 2017 08:13AM

At that reduction in price, buy a few extra and put them back for possible warranty replacement yourself, if that should be come necessary down the road. A defective blank is going to fail fairly quickly. It's not like a blank is suddenly going to become defective two years later. In the event a customer breaks the rod and wants a non-warranty replacement, you just build on the closest thing you can find if and when that time comes.

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: February 03, 2017 03:08PM

These blanks are full warranty, I have heard nothing from NFC other than the fact that they restructured. This is a promotion to help get more NFC blanks in the hands of builders, they are top notch!

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster