I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

need rod built in southern California
Posted by: peter gersumky (---.lightspeed.sndgca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 12, 2017 12:14PM

Looking for a rod builder in southern ca , i need a fresh water rod built and some cork turned , i live in San Diego but am open to having it built in areas surrounding . i would like to be able to meet the builder and personally go over the rod . i have all the components and of course the blank . thanks !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: need rod built in southern California
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 12, 2017 01:01PM

www.tackleworks.org might be one place to look.

Date: January 12, 2017 01:14PM

i tried contacting Don Cambell with no luck , seems 90 % of the rod builders in so.cal build mostly saltwater rods and use eva and do not turn cork .

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---.dsl.lsan03.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 12, 2017 02:21PM

Hello Peter,
My name is Mark Talmo and live 2 hours north near the intersection of I10 and I605. Admittedly, I have been building rods for less than a year but have learn immensely form research and even more from the qualified veterans within this site. At the risk of sounding boastful, I am confident my rookie abilities would surprise many of those veterans. While certainly enjoying the exhausting thrill of fighting a tuna or Dorado, my passion for the past 40 years is fishing the Sierra wilderness for Golden Trout, point being that I have built more fresh than salt water rods. If my rookie status does not scare you, email me and we can go from there. I can guarantee no one is more conscious and critical of detail.

Date: January 12, 2017 02:33PM

just found a rod builder , thanks ....

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2017 09:36AM

peter gersumky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i tried contacting Don Cambell with no luck ,
> seems 90 % of the rod builders in so.cal build
> mostly saltwater rods and use eva and do not turn
> cork .

Peter,

I apologize for missing your call as I did not have my cell phone turned on that day. It was nice talking with you yesterday and 'am please you were able to locate a rod builder to fill your needs. Without a doubt, I would have loved to build a rod for you; however, the Oral Surgeon was busy emptying my wallet when you called.

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 09:36AM by Donald R Campbell.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster