I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod building in general
Posted by: Jon Salter (165.160.2.---)
Date: December 28, 2016 01:57PM

Ugghhh......this is SO DAMN addicting! LoL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod building in general
Posted by: Donald La Mar (---.lightspeed.lsvlky.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 28, 2016 04:58PM

Don't say that else the next thing will be government required warning labels affixed to all blanks!

Posted by: Michael Danek (50.36.229.---)
Date: December 28, 2016 06:18PM

If you think rod building is addictive, don't try fly tying.

Posted by: Jon Salter (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 28, 2016 06:31PM

Thank God I'm not a fly fisherman!

Posted by: Capt. Michael Harmon (107.77.106.---)
Date: December 28, 2016 06:49PM

Lol...Michael you are correct. Tying flies and bucktails is definitely more addictive to me. It's awesome watching a customer catching a fish on your custom rod but even more awesome when it's on your rod and your fly or bucktail.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: December 28, 2016 07:48PM

You'll be saving money building your own rods for a lifetime. Hee! Good luck!

Posted by: Mark Hahn (---.14.17.98.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: December 28, 2016 07:50PM

Fly tying and rod making; a formula for insanity. But at least we are happy in our delirium.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 28, 2016 08:28PM

The time and money I have spent on all things fishing over the years would blow the mind of most sane people. But to me its time and money well spent.
Norm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2016 08:30PM by Norman Miller.

Posted by: Jon Salter (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 28, 2016 08:49PM

No kidding Norm...between the boat, electronics, powerpoles and all my crap I could fund a small community! LoL
Now this....I am buying a power wrapper now after 2 builds because I'm crazy!

Posted by: Michal Rozycki (193.201.167.---)
Date: December 29, 2016 06:12AM

There is no treatment for it. Just observe as it develops ...

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---.dsl.lsan03.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 31, 2016 09:39PM

It is comforting (I guess) to know I am not alone.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Jeff Eller (12.179.110.---)
Date: January 04, 2017 09:24AM

Be careful! I started my hobby out of necessity by repairing my own stuff back in 2002, and eventually building my own rods because I just couldn't find the combination I wanted off the shelf. Well, here I am in 2017 now and have a converted (confiscated?) bedroom turned into a rod repair shop. No advertising, just word of mouth and I stay as busy as I want now with both custom builds and repairs. So...if your best friend wants a repair or a rod, just remember that your hobby of love can turn into a second job- which isn't ll that bad I guess. I still love the craft, and thanks to this forum over the years, have been quite successful in it. Happy building!!

Posted by: Matthew Pitrowski (---.lightspeed.milwwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 08, 2017 02:41AM

I started at the tender age of 10 years old with my father and between him and all the other mentors I got acquainted with in this life journey I thank God I was able to meet so many good teachers and now at 64 years old I am always willing to help a fellow builder immerse him self in a good form of insanity. for those of you that are strong of heart try making your own bamboo blank and then build the rod of a life time I had to give that part of building up like most of us that are ageing we have to down size so no more out building housing all the machines for rod building just my spare room am glad it is a big room though. it is something that teaches you something every time you build a new rod!!!

The best day to be alive is always tomorrow !!
Think out side the box when all else fails !!!
Wi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster