I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lamiglas bass blanks - infinity vs. pro
Posted by: Pawel Sadowski (---.dhcp.inet.fi)
Date: December 20, 2016 11:24AM

Hi everyone,
Recently suprised me positively, todays more affordable price tags for their Infinity series blanks. That's somehow turn my interest into these blanks ...
I have a question about blank comparison - what really distinguish todays Infinity from Pro series, despite woven butt section and action ?
Now I don't see on their webside any information about Powerlux resin has been used during production, neither what kind of graphite material has been used, does anybody know ?
greetings Pawel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lamiglas bass blanks - infinity vs. pro
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (172.56.38.---)
Date: December 20, 2016 02:38PM

Pawel,
Are you talking about the bass, or salmon/steelhead blanks?

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (107.77.87.---)
Date: December 20, 2016 06:21PM

I would like to know about bass blanks for sure. I think Pawel did mention the bass blanks also.

Thanks Tom

Posted by: Pawel Sadowski (194.157.172.---)
Date: December 21, 2016 02:13AM

Spencer,
yes I asked about their infinity bass series blanks versus pro series.
After building a few rods on their pro blanks, now I am consider to give a try to their infinity series, so that's why I'm curious about some more details about their actual offerings.
greetings Pawel.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (172.56.38.---)
Date: December 21, 2016 10:41AM

When the 3M Powerlux material was given exclusively to Pure Fishing, Lamiglas, St Croix, and others I'm sure found other sources. It appears the modulus of the new material used is the same as the 3M. One of the things different about the Lamiglas blanks, unless they've changed things, is that the blanks are built 100% from this material, instead of having it incorporated in a multi-material layup as used by others. The material is reported to be 48 mil modulus.
I was told back in 2012 that the Pro X line was Certified Pro material built on new, more modern mandrel designs.
The reason I asked about which style blanks is that they also call some of their other style blanks Pro, but they are a series of different graphite layups.

Posted by: Pawel Sadowski (194.157.172.---)
Date: December 22, 2016 02:27AM

Spencer,
Thank you for your answer,
and Merry Christmas to all forum readers !
Pawel

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: December 23, 2016 12:11PM

Has Lamiglas pricing gone down on the Infinity blanks or has every other manufacture of nano resin rod blanks gone up since there introduction. I wish I would of checked out the Infinity blanks when Lamiglas was at the ICRBE.

Posted by: Trace Butkovich (107.77.97.---)
Date: December 23, 2016 10:04PM

How bout the 7'10" si series blank anyone tried one of those?

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (107.77.85.---)
Date: December 23, 2016 11:39PM

Thanks Spencer I always look forward to seeing your poster regarding lamiglass. They are probebly the most underrated and least suggested blanks out there

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: December 24, 2016 10:51AM

Trace,
I've only fished that blank in a factory finished rod, it's a good one, not as technique specific as the first rods/blanks were. When you can get an Si blank for only $15 more than a Certified Pro/Pro X, like sized bass blank, I'd say it is a good value also.
Thomas,
I agree, the old owners were never afraid to hang it out there and see if it worked in the market place. Really hated to see the XMG 50 in all it's forms go away, best performance to price series I think I ever saw in a US product. In their factory rods they used what worked best no matter what it was originally designed for originally, if a XMG 50 blank was the best option, you'd see it in the Certified Pro factory rods at no extra cost, and a large number of their salmon rods were on live bait blanks.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.direcway.com)
Date: December 24, 2016 08:59PM

I absolutely love their XMG 50 blanks and still fish a few of them to this day. I only wish that I had loaded up on them when I had the chance.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Tom

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster