I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Multi Rod Dryer
Posted by: Josh Caroon (---.midco.net)
Date: December 10, 2016 11:11AM

Does anyone have any photos of their rod dryers? Right now I use one that can only dry one rod at a time. I'm working on a bunch of ice rods and was thinking about doing all the epoxy at a time and drying 3 or 4 rods at a time. I've got some ideas on how to make it, but I wanted to see if anyone else has made anything. Anyone have any pictures?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Multi Rod Dryer
Posted by: Ron Fletcher (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 10, 2016 11:55AM

I just put a picture in the photo section of my 3 rod dryer that I built in my garage it works for me. Easy adjustments.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 10, 2016 09:38PM

Josh here is what I use plus others and it will do three at a time nicely.

Tom

[www.mudhole.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2016 11:51AM by Tom Wewerka.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: December 11, 2016 07:24PM

[www.rodbuilding.org]

This is a picture of the 12 rod dryer that I have built.
I have built many of these dryers and they work very well.

A plywood disk is cut with a square hole and 1/2 circles around the perimeter of the disk to hold the rods. Rubber bands are looped around the holding screws and around the rod in question.

The center shaft is a 1 inch square aluminum tube.

The end shaft is a 7/8th shaft that fits nicely on the inside of the square tube. A set of threads is drilled and tapped into the 7/8th shaft to hold the end shaft into the center tube.
The 7/8th shaft rests in a 7/8 ths bearing that is mounted in the end mount.

The other end of the square tube also has a 7/8th shaft in the end. But this shaft has a 3/8th hole bored into the end and is then cross drilled for a 1/8th tension pin to hold the 3/8th rod in the end of the 7/8th shaft. A 3/8th chuck is screwed onto the 3/8th shaft and then the chuck is used to go over and tighten down on the motor shaft. The motor is mounted in the other end mount.

The picture - shows all of the parts, except for the long center shaft. The center shaft can be made as long as is needed for any length rod that you want to dry. If you want to dry 7 foot rods, then make the center shaft 7 feet 4 inches or so. For short ice rods, the center shaft can be 30 inches long if all of the rods are shorter than 30 inches.

The drying motor is a 10 rpm 12 volt gear motor that is driving by a simple 12 volt plug in power supply.

Good luck

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: December 12, 2016 02:54PM

You can certainly go the "make your own route" but we offer CRB rod dryers that are affordable, functional and come in 110v and 220v.

Single Rod Dryer [www.mudhole.com]

Quad Rod Dryer [www.mudhole.com]

4x Wall Mounted Rod Dryer [www.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: John Cates (---.sub-70-195-213.myvzw.com)
Date: December 12, 2016 04:47PM

Josh

Here is a link to our OEM 4x Machine made with USA made heavy duty gearmotors. It can mount on the wall to help keep the work bench free and clear.

Click the link and scroll halfway down the page.

[www.flexcoat.com]

Flex Coat Company
Professional Rod Building Supplies
www.flexcoat.com

Posted by: John Shear (199.116.173.---)
Date: December 22, 2016 11:37AM

So how does one choose between 6rpm and 18 rpm?

John Shear
Chippewa Falls, WI

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster