I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

heated tennessee handle
Posted by: howard hodges (---.owb.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 18, 2016 03:51PM

Has anyone ever heard of a heated handle to keep your hands warm while fishing cold weather?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: heated tennessee handle
Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2016 04:24PM

Actually many years back, there was a man in Nashville, TN. that purchased graphite tubing from me, when I had my business in TN and he had a heating element that slide in the back of the tubing, to create a heated handle. The only problem, there was a cord that connected to the heating element. The cord came out of the end of the tubing and ran to a battery, which generated the power source for the heating element. I believe the downfall of the unit was that, anglers did not like the external cord wrapping around them.

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2016 04:24PM

Yes, the Vibronic TN handle that Steve Gardner cooked up about 10 years was open on both ends and there was speculation that you could put one of those inexpensive "hot-hands" packs in there and keep it pretty toasty.

Posted by: howard hodges (---.owb.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 18, 2016 04:42PM

Thanks Bob and Tom. I got a friend who smallmouth fishes in the winter and was asking about it. He did mention the corded handle. At least it got me to thinking and that is dangerous.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2016 05:14PM

Steve's handle is something you should definitely look at.

Posted by: Linda Vance (---.gtcom.net)
Date: November 18, 2016 07:24PM

Not to derail innovation, wouldn't a hot hands pack in a grommitt or fingerless glove serve the same ends? That's what I use fishing for trout in Montana in the winter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster