I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Slow pitch blank
Posted by: mike langevin (---.sub-70-214-107.myvzw.com)
Date: September 28, 2016 05:51PM

Hi anyone have a suggestion for a 15-30 pound slow pitch blank that can handle up to 200grams jig? I looked at the black hole one was too light the other too heavy. Thanks all

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Slow pitch blank
Posted by: Robert Hummel (---.lightspeed.dybhfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 28, 2016 10:32PM

I bought a Black Diamond Hyprid, PHD 760X2H from Black Hole to build a slow pitch rod.. I'm used to using heavier saltwater rods but I can't image using anything much lighter.

Posted by: mike langevin (---.sub-70-214-119.myvzw.com)
Date: September 29, 2016 10:43AM

I would be using This for smaller inshore fish at most 8lbs.

Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: September 29, 2016 11:07AM

What are you fishing for?
Deep water around oil rigs?

It’ll give us a better idea on recommending a rod blank. With that jig, like Robert mentions is hard to use a lighter blank without knowing a little bit more info.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Posted by: mike langevin (---.sub-70-214-119.myvzw.com)
Date: September 29, 2016 01:06PM

Ok great. I'll be fishing for black seabass around montauk. Water is usually 65-100 feet so nothing real deep. I find that if they are feeding well they will take a jig almost as much as bait. I also find I get bigger fish on the jig. I think that this slow pitch technique could be deadly for these seabass as the jig will be in the lower third of water column, where the fish are, for a longer period of time.

Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: September 29, 2016 05:16PM

We'd recommend our RainShadow RCJKB series, it has E-Glass in the tip with RX6 in the bottom half. There's a few different options in lenth from 6' to 1'

You can find more specs at: [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Posted by: mike langevin (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 29, 2016 06:05PM

I'll check it out thanks

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2016 07:55PM

Watching the videos of people slow pitch jigging really looks like an addictive way to fish.

Maybe one of the New Zealand manufactures might have an ideal blank. I noticed that Composite Developments will be at the ICRBE and I am anxious to know what they will bring as well as CTS.

Another manufacture that might have something is Jaws

Posted by: Ben Hurlstone (---.cluster-m.websense.net)
Date: October 04, 2016 05:08AM

have a look at xzoga takadums, 7seas black rock V2 and matagi also carry a few. these are proper slow pitch blanks, not US models built for a different style so they are what your looking for.

Posted by: mike langevin (---.sub-70-214-71.myvzw.com)
Date: October 05, 2016 09:50AM

Cool!! I'll take a look thanks guys!

Posted by: mike langevin (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 15, 2016 09:34AM

I ended up getting the batson blank that was suggested but it was a traditional parabolic jigging blank. Now I ordered a CTS blank I'll let everyone know how that works out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster