I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

American Tackle Apology
Posted by: Joe Meehan American Tackle (73.114.25.---)
Date: September 22, 2016 12:21PM

Hi All,

I want to apologize for the advertisement that went out yesterday via email regarding the Cease and Desist of our Quad Leg Guide design patent. The advertisement was supposed to be in the body of our newsletter with an explanation of what the ad was all about. It was never intended from its conception to be a legal notice to any company or individual.

It was not formatted correctly. The ad was misinterpreted and rightfully so.

The newsletter was not approved as policy dictates before it was sent out. Miscommunication is the operative word here and no one individual is to blame.

Our bad, mistakes were made and we learned a valuable lesson from it. Procedures are in place to prevent things like this from happening again.

We hope you will continue to use our products and not hold this mistake against us.

Sincerest apologies, Joe Meehan, President American Tackle Co.

Warmest Regards,

Joseph F Meehan III
American Tackle Co. Inc
Ph: +1-508-957-2164
Toll Free: 1-888-516-1750
Cell: +1-508-364-3770
Fax: +1-508-957-2165
Toll Free Fax: 1-800-966-9430
email: joe@americantackle.us
Web Site: [americantackle.us]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American Tackle Apology
Posted by: David A. Fuller (---.mycingular.net)
Date: September 22, 2016 03:19PM

Thank you, for that, Joe. You're company is a terrific leader in the custom rod building community.
I for one, have used American Tackle components nearly exclusively and will continue to do so.

Good Wrappin !
David A. Fuller,
Great Basin Fishing Rods
Full-Time RV'r Traveling- n- Fishing
www.mytripjournal.com/FullersBigAdventure

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.adr02.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: September 22, 2016 05:56PM

Good job, Joe.

Posted by: Capt. Michael Harmon (107.77.76.---)
Date: September 22, 2016 08:43PM

Joe, thank you for the explanation. The email had me baffled. Especially because I didn't get the follow up email others received. Moving forward... caught a bunch of striped bass on my bushido fly yesterday. That's a great blank. Best, MH

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 23, 2016 12:32AM

Thank You Joe! Caught me Short with that Email!

Posted by: Victor Heal (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: September 23, 2016 07:51AM

Well done Joe.
We all make mistakes. The key is owning them and moving forward.
Tight Lines

Posted by: Frank McKinney (---.sub-70-196-1.myvzw.com)
Date: September 25, 2016 08:30AM

Joe

Thank you for standing up and telling everyone how and why the email was sent out. Also thank you for reconizing American Tackle did not have a procedure in place and now does so stuff like this don't happen again.

Best Regards,
Frank McKinney

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster