I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Enter our Syncork Handle Kits Drawing
Posted by: Pete Riola- Getrodblanks.com (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: September 14, 2016 05:06PM

Hello Rod Shops!

This is Pete with getrodblanks.com. On October 10 we will have a drawing for 10 Syncork handle kits. Each kit will have 15 Syncork rings, a small amount of black dye and some tools to shape the Syncork. If you are a rod shop we invite you to enter this drawing by entering your name, email and shop name and on this page [getrodblanks.com].

OK so what is Syncork?

Syncork is a plastic material made in the USA. Syncork is lighter and denser than natural cork, while providing the ability, depending on how it’s shaped, to leave different surface textures, from silky smooth for a refined feel in hand to a rougher surface for a more comfortable and secure grip, even with wet, cold hands. It provides a range of finishing options that can’t be accomplished with organic cork. Syncork can’t absorb water, dry out or rot, making long-lasting, durable grips that will look like the day it was shaped, even after 10 years of heavy use. Syncork is also resistant to insect repellents, UV rays, accelerated weather conditions, sunscreen, many petroleum products, alkaline, and many other chemicals found in practical fishing situations.

Syncork will not be for every rod builder out there. However many will appreciate its better grip capabilities, inherent sensitivity, durability and life span for both fresh and saltwater fishing applications. It may take a tiny bit of experience to learn and master (like it did learning to shape natural cork), but Syncork will expand your rod building skill portfolio and product offerings. Syncork has been used by thousands of anglers since 2006 without fail and is a favorite rod handle material for many.

To enter the drawing click here [getrodblanks.com].

Thank you!

Pete Riola
High performance blanks by Gregg Thorne
[getrodblanks.com]
pete@getrodblanks.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Enter our Syncork Handle Kits Drawing
Posted by: Buzz Butters (---.dhcp.fdul.wi.charter.com)
Date: September 15, 2016 07:44AM

pete
the anti-spammer device wants you to put a total to a math problem in the box. I tried (even used a calculator to check my math) but the box only allows for a one digit answer but the answer is two digits. What to do?

Posted by: Michael Maclean (143.88.0.---)
Date: September 15, 2016 08:57AM

It worked for me

Posted by: Pete Riola- Getrodblanks.com (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: September 15, 2016 09:05AM

Hi Buzz, If you type the answer and hit the submit button it will work. Sorry for any confusion.

Pete

Posted by: Buzz Butters (---.dhcp.fdul.wi.charter.com)
Date: September 16, 2016 06:42AM

Email me please Pete. Still have same problem. Answer box only takes on digit. Answer is two digits long.
Thanks,
Buzz

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: September 16, 2016 07:54AM

comment deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2016 03:58PM by John E Powell.

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: September 17, 2016 05:01PM

When I did mine it worked great , but one number [first one] came up very light, like almost not there , but it did work for me ,
after you but the numbers down, look real close for the first number , or just a small part of the first number

William Sidney
AK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster